Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Long term Tenants not being clean and tidy

Sotiria6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Long term Tenants not being clean and tidy

I have two tenants sharing one of the rooms I rent out and they have 2 remaining weeks.They both have been very messy and I received messages from the other tenant while I was away.

I kindly reminded them and showed them again how to clean and take care of the toilet and Bathroom.Yet they have not done so.

I am really not sure how to proceed and I know the Support Team will be of little help.

I do have photos showing all the hair being left after shower etc.

6 Replies 6
Angela3989
Level 6
Milwaukee, WI

@Sotiria6 Hello! I kind of think that unless they are particularly egregious, it's the other guest who has to deal with it. When you share a space with strangers it comes with the territory that people have varying levels of cleanliness. Maybe they need to adjust their expectations. Are they expected to clean the shower after every use? That seems excessive. I can see if they don't flush toilets or something outrageous/damaging/unsafe but hairs in a shower, which the other guest who is bothered by it can just rinse off, seems rather petty. Best of luck!

Thank you !

I live in the flat too.There are 2 people in one room and then there is one more in a different room.

I appreciate it may sound petty- I just can't stand watching my place not being as shiny as I want it I guess.

I have messaged Airbnb to let them know and I messaged the girls again saying I will not be taking this to the Resolution Centre (Airbnb suggested I ask more money for cleaning as I have a very low cleaning fee) and I hope the cleanliness level is improved!

Let's see!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I don't agree when you're in a shared space guests should ensure they remove hairs and make sure the shower is clean after they've used it.

Sotiria6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your answer!

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

@Sotiria6 Do you have cleanliness instructions in your House Rules ? I you do and they are breaking those rules, alert airbnb who will ask them to leave without refund.

Sotiria6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you so much @Cheri354!Yes I have alerted them and they asked me to speak to the Resolution Centre where I can request more money for cleaning.

Yes I do have these rules on the House Rules and on the Room description!