Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Airbnb Blatantly violating its own Content and Review policies

Armaan5
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Airbnb Blatantly violating its own Content and Review policies

The issue is simple:

• My listing clearly states the property has queen-sized beds.
  • The guest left a 2 star review claiming that the beds are full sized and not queen sized.

Guest had an issue with me because I did not left them cancel the booking after they checked in. Their group had some people bail and they figured they could get a cheaper place so we got into it and I refused to cancel since I'm not bearing cost of their friends bailing. In return they made up issues during the stay to get free $200 from airbnb support and also left me a review that quite literally lies about the listing. 

My problem in all of this is only with Airbnb support. The outsourced Morons at airbnb support are telling me that they will not remove the review since it doesn't break their policy. Airbnb's Content Policy clearly says  "listings and profiles that provide fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive information." So I tell them either remove the review or remove my listing altogether since one of those is 'Fraudulent, false and deceptive'. They they simply close my case without a response. 

Why is airbnb hiring 'support' people who can't pass 5th grade english and are clearly unable to communicate with US hosts. In addition, these clueless dim wits are giving guests free money for no reason. AND there is no repurcussions for them for playing with livelihood of hosts whose life may literally depend on this revenue. My listing is rendered unbookable with a 3.5 star rating as this was only my 3rd booking. So there goes thousands of dollars.

I'm collecting emails of corporate executives and board of directors and will be sending them an email highlighting how these untrained and clearly uneducated people who can't follow clearly written Airbnb policies are allowed to play with the lives of host with no channel to escalate.

I apologize for being harsh here but I have been nothing but Polite, Professional and Patient throughout the process for the past week and I am finally venting because this process has been excruciatingly frustrating for me without any result.

0 Replies 0