Loseing your superhost status

Walter670
Level 1
Boston, MA

Loseing your superhost status

Is anyone else losing their super host status due to rental decline?

So I lose my superhost spot due to the fact there were not enough rentals for October? I've worked hard to keep a 5 star review and now you are going to strip me of that? You can keep your superhost criteria then. I've done my part, you have not done yours. Perhaps of you push my add to the top of the search I would get more rentals!!!!Totally pissed off!!!!! Walt

4 Replies 4
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Walter670 😊

Thank you for raising this topic here!

I am sorry about this situation.

When did you achieve this status?

I am sharing an interesting conversation about 👉 Is There Life After Losing Superhost Status? 

I've also mentioned some hosts in case they would like to exchange ideas with you about this:@Oksana127 , @Milagros163 , @Howard103 and @Frances3408.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Walter670 

Is your calendar correct?  Your house calendar is blocked until 4/2025.  If your dates are blocked a guest won't see you because your not available.

The camp is in Maine, with no running water through the winter months. 

Oksana127
Level 8
Riga, Latvia

Hi Walt,

I completely understand your frustration—maintaining Superhost status is tough, and it’s disappointing when external factors like lower bookings impact your standing. It’s clear that you've put in a lot of effort to keep your 5-star reviews, and losing the badge feels unfair when you’ve done everything right on your end.

However, while I agree Airbnb could do more to support hosts like you, it might help to shift focus to what you can control. Here are a few tips that might help you boost your bookings:

1. Update your listing: Refreshing your listing with new photos, seasonal descriptions, or even adding promotions can push you higher in the search rankings.

2. Promotions & Discounts: Offering last-minute or longer-stay discounts could help draw more attention to your listing, especially during slower months like October.

3. Adjust pricing: Take a look at competitor prices in your area to ensure your rate is competitive.

4. Stay Active: Make small updates regularly to show the algorithm that your listing is current and active, which may improve your visibility.

I know losing Superhost status feels like a setback, but if you focus on boosting your visibility and adjusting your strategy, you may see a rise in bookings soon. You’ve done an amazing job so far, so hang in there!

All the best