Map Pin was 27 miles away from actual address- No Refund

Ronell23
Level 1
KCMO, MO

Map Pin was 27 miles away from actual address- No Refund

I recently booked a trip to Orlando, FL. A bunch of people are going there for a funeral. I booked an Airbnb according to the Map Pin. After I booked it they sent me the address and it was 27 miles from the Map Pin. A hour drive! And I requested a refund from the host and they said I wouldn't get one. I contacted Airbnb and they supported the Host decision.  How is that right? Am I wrong for not wanting to drive back in fourth for 3 days a hr each way?! Thats not what I paid for. So Moving forward be cautious on booking a Airbnb cause it can be a hr from where the Map Pin is..

2 Replies 2
Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

unless I am missing something like crazy traffic, 27 miles should only take you about 25 minutes each way not an hour.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ronell23 If the actual address was outside the area shown around the pin then you have every right to cancel. I am amazed that Airbnb is allowing a host to misrepresent the location of their listing.

I would contact Airbnb again (but via message this time) and state that the listing location is misrepresented and that you wish  to cancel with a full refund. Remind them that they should not be complicit in this situation.

Oh and ignore anyone that thinks you can do 27 miles in 25 minutes. Even if you could the point regarding location is still valid.