Need advice

Need advice

Hello me and my kids had a worse experience. 

I need help on what’s my right?

thanks . 

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry your post is not clear what issues have you encountered? @Mel10589 

If the listing is not as described you should follow the advice on your booking confirmation. Contact the host with evidence and if they don't respond or can't resolve the issue you can contact Airbnb.

what outcome are you looking for? 

Elena4354
Level 3
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Mel10589 ,  can you share more details please.

Kind regards. 

Elena.

Here’s brief story..

first day we arrived before 9pm we found the place dirty. I took photo and sent to the hosts. She was responsive at first. 

after an hour she moved us to another room one floor below. It was nice and clean. I took photo and thanked her. 

she then said we will move you tomorrow. And I did is it possible to stay here as we traveled from far and such a hassle to keep moving. 

the. She said put the keys back from the first room. And we did. The thing is we are from asia and our door system is you can’t lock yourself in unless you use the keys or someone locked us in. The key was outside the door and someone locked us in. We only realised around 4am that my 16 years old son must catch a flight to UK. We can’t go out… I then messaged her. It’s urgent  I understand that she’s sleeping. . I have all the screen shots.  The Uber driver already downstairs and we don’t know what to do. It’s my sons dream to spend summer in uk and I can’t disappoint him because of us gets locked in. Then I took the blanket and tied it on the railing by the window and asked him to go down 3 floors below. We were scared and it was still dark. We trow  his luggage’s and thanks god he was not hurt and manage to catch his flight. I got all on video too. 

me and my 14 years old daughter stayed and scared being locked in as anyone can come in. Host not responding. 

Obly after 11am that the cleaner rung the bell and we got out. I explained to him what happened he said you must move upstairs as he can’t help nothing  us he only the cleaners. 

still no response from host. She only response after 18 hours asking if we already moved back I’m very disappointed. 😞

The room that we moved back was not pleasant. The tv was not working the noise not letting us sleep as we are next to the street. The stove not working the toilet bowl was wobbly and not enough tissue, towels, bin plastic knowing we staying for a week.

during these times I kept on contacting her and 4 different agents but nothing resolved.

the worse experience ever!!! :((

what should I do?. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

I am very sorry about this, @Mel10599 

I have shared your case with the team that can help. Please bear in mind that our community isn't a formal branch of the support team, so they should reach out to you with further updates.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Nalin67
Level 2
Singapore

What's your experience 

Nalin67
Level 2
Singapore

Dear Mel,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience on Airbnb. When issues arise during a stay, it’s essential to know the appropriate steps to take to resolve them and ensure they are reported effectively.

First, I recommend contacting the host directly. Many issues can be resolved through clear and direct communication. Explain the problem and give the host an opportunity to address it. Hosts who value their reputation and guests' comfort are often willing to make amends quickly.

If the host is unresponsive or unable to resolve the issue, the next step is to contact Airbnb support through the Resolution Center. You can access the [Airbnb Resolution Center](https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions) and follow the prompts to report the problem and request a resolution. It’s important to provide as much evidence as possible, such as photos, videos, or screenshots of communications with the host, to support your claim.

In more severe cases or if the Resolution Center does not provide a satisfactory resolution, you can escalate the matter by contacting Airbnb’s customer support directly through the [Airbnb Help Center](https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us). Here, you can find various ways to reach customer service, including phone and email options.

By following these steps, you can ensure that your concerns are properly addressed, and appropriate action is taken by Airbnb to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

The host was not responding at all. 

yes I did report to the Airbnb team. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mel10589, welcome to our community.

As our Hosts have mentioned, could you please share more details about the situation you are facing? This will help them to offer their suggestions. In the meantime, I suggest contacting the support team for their advice. Here is the link where you can reach them.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello @Paula 

i have been communicating with 4 different agent. The last one offered me 100usd for a compensation and next day it become 100 hkd then 300usd but I don’t get anymore updates after that. 

What is my rights?