Neutral Post! :) Not positive, not negative...just UNBELEAVEABLE

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Neutral Post! :) Not positive, not negative...just UNBELEAVEABLE

It is unbeleaveable! It was a super host who had the nerve to sent me the following message between quotes!

"Hi ........... , what time tomorrow would be the first available hour for check-in?
Is the apartment quiet at night and is the WiFi strong for working from home?
Also, would you be willing to reduce the price and remove the cleaning fee?
Thank you in advance!
Best,
..(name hidden)......."

What is very interesting is that - I went to see her listing... She is a super host and she charges a cleaning fee!
What a nerve!

Just out of curiousity, What would you have answered to this guest?

12 Replies 12
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@J-Renato0 , how about:

As you know as a host, [guest name], guests who ask questions that are already answered on the listing, and who ask for a discount send up a red flag! Are you going to be okay checking in at our listed check-in time? Are you going to be okay paying the price you agreed to? If you need to cancel, please let me know!

That seems a little harsh, so maybe leave out the first sentence, the "red flag" sentence. I was going to take it out myself, but I'm leaving it for your entertainment. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lawrene0 

I love your input! Great advice! 🙂 Thanks! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@J-Renato0  "The apartment is super noisy all night long, I don't know what the neighbor does all night with that jackhammer. The Wifi totally sucks. I would be willing to raise the price and the cleaning fee especially for you. The earliest available check-in time is never."

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Tongue in cheek I would reply @J-Renato0 

'Hi ........

Thank you for your inquiry and questions about our home, it appears however our check in , listing rates and fees do not meet your criteria. To avoid any disruption or disappointment to your upcoming travel plans, I will be happy to decline your request to book should you want to  stay with us.

I wish you all the best as a fellow Airbnb Superhost to find a suitable budget friendly place, if for whatever reason this is difficult, please feel free to contact our local tourism office for freedom camping ideas.

Happy travels.....'

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

So she was within the 24 hours, and could still review if she cancelled. "What time tomorrow...", etc. She is playing dirty pool.

Did she continue to lean on you @J-Renato0 ? What did you end up doing?

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lawrene0 

She did not book. I asked to her = "Is your business to take advantage of other hosts? What a nerve!"

@J-Renato0  Good for you!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@J-Renato0 : Ah, so it was a request. Good! Thought it might have been an Instant Book. That would have been trickier. But still handle-able. 

Thanks for updating!

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@J-Renato0  I have read on this forum that hosts often make the worst guests.  Your post is adding evidence this is true. 

That is not my experience, @Linda-And-Richard0 . My host-guests have been awesome, and I strive to be the best guest possible when I travel. It's just that in any group there will be a few bad ones. I wish for you, and for @J-Renato0, only the best of host-guests!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Linda-And-Richard0  Not my experience either- I've have about 4 so far, and they've all been great guests- not a complainer, criticizer, or entitled one among them.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Linda-And-Richard0  @Lawrene0  @Sarah977 

My experience is like:

I have had some hosts and superhosts as guests. The experiencie has been fine, actually most of them are easy going, great guest.

There was only one exception - I had a couple of superhost from the US (actually they was not born in the US). Not only they were high maintenance and difficult to please guests but also very "dirty" ( I mean literally dirty guests). When they left the bedroom it was smelling... and the  apartment very untidy.  If you had seen their listing, you would never thought that they behave like pigs in the pigsty.

As for the suporhost in question, the one  I mentioned in the opening post, fortunatelly she did not booked my listing.  Certainly she would be another exception, or the so called "twisted sister".