Next to railroad

Jennifer1995
Level 2
Louisville, TN

Next to railroad

We have a small airbnb that is super nice and new.  It stays booked.  We have the opportunity to purchase another.  It is on the water with a dock and beautiful lot.  However it is across from train tracks that operate about 6 times a day and sometimes at night.  It is super close to our largest city and airport.  It is in much better location.  I stayed in a hotel once next to train and they supplied ear plugs.  Someone suggested noise machine.  Of course we would disclose this.  Does any one have experience with this or advice?  Thanks 

1 Reply 1
Lisa7699
Level 1
Wilson, NC

wow. I am a person who LOVES trains and specifically look for places next to the tracks! I am astonished that more people don't take your place because of its location!  I have found at Airbnb the best thing to do is just be honest about the fact that you are close to /near a train track, the times of day it comes through, & the noise level ( also is there a warning whistle/horn as well or crossing signal bells. I think some people will look elsewhere, but plenty of people will enjoy staying there for the nostalgia of it. Good luck!!!!Best regards, LKWiggs