No reservations

I have NO reservations

I have a front view apartment

You have the Beach in front of you

It was getting rented very well...not anymore 

Has anyone a Clue why?

(Besides becoming a Super Houst)

Thank you

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/52423267?source_impression_id=p3_1725570902_P3jlDl4FAVfzpUh3 

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/5285177?source_impression_id=p3_1725570902_P3UzQERiqh0gJ0KO 

[Content updated by Community Manager]

6 Replies 6
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Oliver887 

You don't have to be a Superhost but reviews averaging less than 4.6 your very low on Airbnb Search results and a Guest can easily find similar listings with higher reviews.  Your going to have to work at getting numbers up.  The only way to even try is speak to corrections in description and price so low for about 4 or 5 guests that they will take a chance and provide a 5 star stay

Thanks a lot for your kind advise Marie

I will work on that 👍🏼

Another question Marie: what if a I close my advertising...and open a brand new one?

Will I start from zero?

Maybe that's better since I have my rental for more than 8 years...And no matter how hard you try...someone will always give you a bad review 

Thanks in advance 🙏🏼

@Oliver887 

Sorry Airbnb is on to that you get in big trouble.  If the price is discounted then you might get a little higher in the search and if not a lot to lose Guests might chance it.  You will need to vet guests don't instabook

@Oliver887. Oliver, time to do a deep dive into researching your local competition. Who is getting bookings, for how long and is pricing a factor or do they have something unique? Your recent reviews are mostly great so it could be economics.

I have been a landlord about as long as you have been hosting so I get why you are comparing demand now to then. My best booked is a studio, priced at the lowest end (just above 3 star motel pricing), allows a pet, has good working facilities and I am generous with breakfast supplies. Its also easy walk to the pub, beach and dog off leash areas so those often work together. 

Some local hosts are offering deep discounts to get a handful of bookings. The younger crowd are still spending something on their weekends away (not families though) plus we are coming into peak wedding season.

My point is neither have water views like yours so they are often given 5 stars from how they make guests feel and what they get. And I am not currently a SH although that will now change next Q due to booking numbers from coming back on platform. I rank well currently due to booking demand: last year I was page 3 mostly 😉

Do what works for you.

Es correcto..cada lugar hay que "ttopicalizarlo"

Cancún es puro turismo al 100% y siempre hay gente

La playa y las lagunas siempre están a la orden (no neva ni hay temporadas donde no se puedan usar)

Es cierto que hay muchísima competencia...pero yo siempre he procurado dar un precio bajo y dar más de lo que cobro...de manera que la gente se sienta contenta y se vaya contenta.

El tema ha sido la limpieza...ya que aveces las empleadas de limpieza lo hacen mal..y yo en esa ocasión no supervise..y sale muy caro esos errores

Ya aprendí esa lección..y ahora pago mucho más..pero que sean empresas que garanticen limpieza nivel hotel 5 estrellas

Agradezco muchísimo tú opinión Francés

Quizá deba subir el precio

Al final ésto es un negocio..y yo tengo que hacer que Airbnb gane la mayor cantidad de dinero conmigo...para que me mande clientes

Me voy a esforzar mucho más 

Gracias 🫂