Paying my remaining balance

Aida43
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Paying my remaining balance

Hi there -

I booked a cabin in Big Bear and it required a deposit to book the cabin.  I now need to pay the balance, but have no idea where to go to do that.  The cabin shows booked, and it shows how much I paid, and balance due, but no where does it show to pay balance.  I need to pay the balance by tomorrow or I will lose my reservation.  There isn't a number I can call to ask questions either. 

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Michelle 

167 Replies 167
Alan263
Level 1
Caterham, United Kingdom

Hi Conor, do you remember the number you had to call. The only correspondence I have had with them is where they are telling me to contact my bank. My card was stolen so it has to be cancelled.

do you have the telephone number so I can call them

I had the same problem, I just spoke with airbnb and they said they charge the balance to the card that I used for the intial deposit 15 days before my rental date.  I do not have to do anything else, I cannot prepay early.  They just use that same credit card.

There should be a receipt on your AirBnb account, which will tell you how much the total cost, how much paid, how much owing

Julie--And-Brian-0
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

For the life of me, I cannot find any information on Airbnb for this 'Pay Less Upfront' feature. The link provided above by a host is from the Airbnb's UK site.  Has this only been rolled out in certain places? 

Michael1697
Level 3
Washington, DC

A simple solution would be to allow the renter to pay the balance anytime before a due date. If this manual option is not taken, then the current automated payment goes through. Seems easy to implement?

Michael1697
Level 3
Washington, DC

Also recommend using PayPal as your payment method. Benefits are Airbnb doesn't keep your credit card info and given you keep your payment info up to date on PayPal, you need not worry about credit card expirations.

Jennifer971
Level 1
Martinsville, IN

I have the same issue in that my initial card was canceled.  Here is how it was resolved:

1. I had to call 855-424-7262  (AirBNB payments) for assistance.

2. They had to go in to each reservation and apply the new card information for each reservation.  This will not happen automatically even if you have gone into your account and set your new card as the default.

3. Once the new card was applied, the new card was automatically charged on the final payment date.

I extended my reservation by one more day. But i do not know how to make the payment for the additional amount shown by Airbnb! Pl help

The balance of payment is processed automatically, typically within one month of the reservation date. The blance of payment is drawn from the same method or credit used in the initial deposit. Myself and others have requested Airbnb to offer an option to pay the balance prior to this automatic payment date.

I called the Airbnb toll free helpline & they sent me a link for making the balance payment. The Helpline operator walked me thru this link and I was able to complete my balance payment. So please follow this method,

000 800 4405

Local Numbers
United States +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
India000 800 4405 103 (toll-free)
Ireland+353 1 697 1831
Israel+972 3 939 9977
Italy+39-06-99366533
34 more rows

Sophia159
Level 1
Lviv, Ukraine

This is what I've received from Airbnb help on this issue:

After further looking at this reservation it looks like you used our pay less upfront feature. The reason you are unable to submit the remaining payment is because it is not due until xxx 30, 2018. At this time we do not have the ability to pay for these types of payments earlier than the original payment date. You will get an email letting you know we have successfully collected the payment once your card on file has been charged. If there is an issue, you will also receive an email informing you to update your payment method with a time frame before our system cancels the reservation.