Paying my remaining balance

Aida43
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Paying my remaining balance

Hi there -

I booked a cabin in Big Bear and it required a deposit to book the cabin.  I now need to pay the balance, but have no idea where to go to do that.  The cabin shows booked, and it shows how much I paid, and balance due, but no where does it show to pay balance.  I need to pay the balance by tomorrow or I will lose my reservation.  There isn't a number I can call to ask questions either. 

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Michelle 

167 Replies 167
Sophia159
Level 1
Lviv, Ukraine

Can I split the cost of my reservation across multiple payments?

Yes, if you select a credit or debit card or PayPal as your payment method and your reservation meets the requirements listed below . When you check out, you can select the “Pay less upfront” option to split the cost of your reservation into more than one payment.

How it works

Your reservation must be with an eligible listing and:

• Have a total value of $250 or more, including any taxes and fees
  • Start at least 14 days from the date you book it

On the checkout page, select "Pay less upfront". You’ll pay part of your reservation now, and you’ll be automatically charged the remaining balance before you check in. When you check out, we’ll let you know when your next payment is due. We’ll also send you a reminder 3 days before we collect the second payment.

John1576
Level 1
Cork, Ireland

Hi, I couldn't find anything on the Airbnb website that really answers this question but when I checked my original invoice there was half an answer, just that they would make the charge on a certain day. No method defined.

I took advantage of the 50% pay up front option when I made my original booking. When the second payment became due, Airbnb deducted it automatically from the credit card that I had used to make the original booking. So that answers one question, and it makes sense. There was a complication though because my bank thought that the transaction may have been suspicious (they call it looking after my interests as I was not abroad at the time). Hence the payment was blocked which triggered an email from Airbnb saying that the booking would be cancelled same day if they don't get payment. There was a link on the email to update credit card details etc which actually opened at an option to make the payment, so one click cleared the final payment, and I got a confirmation email within seconds. I suppose the same would have happened if you had to change credit card details for any reason. The system works but I would like Airbnb to spell out the details of the final payment process so that there is no room for misunderstanding. 

Tim446
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have the same problem. I want to pay my balance now, but no where on the website allows you to do it. The card I used when booking a few months back has now exspired. Looks like a phone call, anyone know it for England.

Nicole768
Level 1
Nashville, TN

I just got off the phone with Airbnb Customer Service. There is no way to pay the remaining balance earlier than the scheduled date. You can however change the method of payment for the second scheduled payment, but you have to call and they will send you a link to do so. Otherwise the remaining balance will be automatically withdrawn on the scheduled date using the payment method you used to book the reservation.

Aria11
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I selected the "pay half now, pay half upon arrival option." But I want to pay the remaining balance now, before arrival and I can't seem to do so. Please advise ASAP. Thank you

Gerry50
Level 1
Humber Arm South, Canada

This was an absolute nightmare ... all I wanted to do was update my card info ... 

The number on my confirmation email does not work, i got a voice mail when I tried to call my host, could not find any method or way to updating anything or contacting anyone

Then, through here I able to get a phone number that worked.

After an hour on the phone, I still don't have resolution 

I will never book through airbnb again.

What  a farce!

Gerryh

Id contact your bank to seize any deposit back.. if airbnb have failed to help on this payment method they'e set up

Jo341
Level 1
Paris, France

This is what' worrying me.. I want to beable to pay the rest now.. not risk it trying to take the money automatically and failing.. I paid by PayPal so don' see how they can take it automatically it needs my login etc.. if something goes wrong I don' want to lose deposit and holiday.. they need to sort this out theyre should ve a option to pay off more when you want

I completely agree with this comment. 

@Jo341 wrote:

" if something goes wrong I don' want to lose deposit and holiday.. they need to sort this out theyre should ve a option to pay off more when you want"

Bonnie165
Level 2
El Paso, TX

Yes there is a balance ... sometimes we pay half and then half , the other person is not correct 

Duane11
Level 2
Athol, MA

Hey guys I had the same problem but I figured it out! If you pay now then the rest later. The second payment is automatically billed to your credit card! Hope this helps!

Gurjot-Singh0
Level 1
Burlington, Canada

It is an automatic scheduling thing. If your original payment was split, it would have an automatic date to finish all the payment from the same payment method. Hope this was helpful. 

Peter1131
Level 1
Helston, United Kingdom

Can I split the cost of my reservation across multiple payments?

Yes, if you select a credit or debit card or PayPal as your payment method and your reservation meets the requirements listed below . When you check out, you can select the “Pay less upfront” option to split the cost of your reservation into more than one payment.

How it works

Your reservation must be with an eligible listing and:

• Have a total value of $250 or more, including any taxes and fees
  • Start at least 14 days from the date you book it

On the checkout page, select Pay less upfront. You’ll pay part of your reservation now, and you’ll be automatically charged the remaining balance before you check in. When you check out, we’ll let you know when your next payment is due. We’ll also send you a reminder 3 days before we collect the second payment.

Was this article helpful? Yes or No

It all makes complete sense to me..

Clear as mud. Why do they not use 'wording' that everybody uses, for simple communication?

Glad you got it though. It gives hope to the rest of us.

Jimm0
Level 1
Philippines

I have the same concern. It is not yet due but want to pay now the remaining balance but there's no option to do this.