Pricing

Pricing

Hi - I have a 5 bedroom house sleeping 10.  I charge per guest allowing 2 people per room.  How do I stop 3 people booking and thinking they can have all the rooms.  It is listed as entire house but I cannot let all rooms go at 3 people price.  I have to keep advising each booking in advance .  Thank you

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ethel105 Simple answer is you cannot stop folks using all the rooms. What you can do is have multiple listings of say 3 beds, 4 beds and 5 beds and then clock the doors of the rooms not rented.

You can also block the smaller listings in high season and also worry less about guests bringing extra people 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Ethel105  You can  set your base price at what it would cost 6-8 people to stay, instead of starting your pricing at 2 people. 

Another option is to close off bedrooms based on the number of people booked, but you would have to explain clearly in the listing that they don't get the whole house. 

In that instance, it's probably best to do what @Mike-And-Jane0  have suggested. 

Elena4354
Level 7
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Ethel105 , in your situation you have to make multiple listings: separate listing for each bedroom and one listing for entire house. Each listing will have own calendar. Don’t forget to connect the listings of the rooms to the listing of entire house (you have this option in the calendar settings). Then if the guest will book the room the calendar of entire house will be blocked and if the guest will book entire house the calendars of the rooms will be closed. 
Kind regards. 
Elena.