Question about guests bring more than allowed guests and pets

Question about guests bring more than allowed guests and pets

I just had a guests bring more than the allowed amount of guests and also a pet that is not allowed that in turn attacked and ate one of our chickens.  What recourse do you have?  Thanks

3 Replies 3
Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

How upsetting for you. Ask Airbnb for compensation. They insure you. Also send an invoice to the guest and make reference to it in your review. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

This is horrible and I am sorry you are dealing with this.

While your question seems simple, it is not.

Do you charge per person? How did you find out? Did you say anything to the guests in the moment?

The short answer is that you can file a claim. The long answer is that you need to be thoughtful about how you are doing that, 

it sounds like you are on the property. Did you immediately ask the guests to leave and was it done through Airbnb? Unfortunately Airbnb will site with a guest unless you have solid proof and good policies in place.

I use a device called party squasher to keep track and document extra guests. I also ask for an ID from all guests and their visitors to be sent upfront. These tools are not magic but they have both really helped to cut down on extra visitors, damage, irresponsible behavior, etc

Back to the claim. You begin boy requesting money from the guest and if they decline, you involve airbnb. Good luck!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tom4535, I am so sorry about this situation.

Have you had the opportunity to read our Hosts' suggestions? Have you reached out to the support team to start a claim process?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad