Question about reviews from a no show guest?

Answered!
Kristine353
Level 2
Drewsey, OR

Question about reviews from a no show guest?

I have a question about reviews.  We had a guest that was a no show.  He called the day after check in and was immediately rude condescending.  He was not able to find the location even after I sent maps and gave detailed information on how GPS and cell service will not work out in our rural area. There were road closures due to forest fires and we urged him to check road closures prior to travel. When he called he was only one hour away so I offered him a 1 day refund if he still wanted to stay his second night.  He refused and was again condescending and rude.  I told him I would refund the full about and then ended the phone call.  I refunded his money that day and did not rate or review him.  Today I received a notice that he has reviewed my property.  Just judging by his first  contact with me over the phone I have a feeling his review is unfair and inaccurate.  He did not even stay here and I refunded his money.  The app says I need to rate him before I can see his review but I he did not even stay here so I don’t see how I can rate him.  Will he be able to post his review if we do nothing?  In the event his review is published and inaccurate how do I dispute it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kristine

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear I wouldn't have refunded the guest at all in these circumstances @Kristine353.

I particularly wouldn't have voluntarily refunded the guest before the review  period  expired. 

yes a guest or host is always able to leave a review within 14 days regardless of whether the other party reviews them.

please leave an honest review for this guest.

if the guests review breaks Airbnb's terms you can ask for it to be removed @Kristine353 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear I wouldn't have refunded the guest at all in these circumstances @Kristine353.

I particularly wouldn't have voluntarily refunded the guest before the review  period  expired. 

yes a guest or host is always able to leave a review within 14 days regardless of whether the other party reviews them.

please leave an honest review for this guest.

if the guests review breaks Airbnb's terms you can ask for it to be removed @Kristine353 

@Helen3, Thank you so much for your advice.  I am new to hosting and doing my best to keep guests happy and learning as I go.  I will make a few changes for the future.

Warm Regards,

Kristine