Receipt

Answered!
Christina1094
Level 2
Aarhus, Denmark

Receipt

Hi

I have an AirBnB guest coming soon who wants a tax receipt for her stay. She says that I am suppose to provide it. How do I do that?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christina1094 Simple answer is you do not. All payments go via Airbnb and technically you do not even know exactly what the guest is charged. In the UK unless you are a big host VAT is only applied to the Airbnb service fee and not the whole booking amount. For guests who are working it means a hotel could be cheaper once their company's claimed back the VAT on the full value of the booking.

So refer the host to Airbnb and its invoice/booking confirmation.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christina1094 Simple answer is you do not. All payments go via Airbnb and technically you do not even know exactly what the guest is charged. In the UK unless you are a big host VAT is only applied to the Airbnb service fee and not the whole booking amount. For guests who are working it means a hotel could be cheaper once their company's claimed back the VAT on the full value of the booking.

So refer the host to Airbnb and its invoice/booking confirmation.

Thanks. That is what I thought as well.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Christina1094 , when I attempt to book your place as a guest, I don’t see any taxes being collected, neither by Airbnb nor by you. At least in my jurisdiction, if a booking does not have this info (i.e. if you are paying the taxes yourself and they are included in the room rate), then you are required to itemize for the guest all of the taxes included in their payment.

I had to do this back when I was including taxes in the room rate. Now, I have instead configured the taxes to be calculated and itemized at booking time, by enabling Professional Hosting Tools and setting the percentage of the room rate to collect for taxes.

Thank you for your answer. Yeah, I don’t pay taxes as my income from AirBnB is low so I am not obligated to pay danish taxes.