Request to view prior to booking

Request to view prior to booking

I am new to the site and have a question. Since posting my home at least two people have inboxed me requesting to view the home prior to booking. Is this standard?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa6780  No. Be aware that savvy guests target new listings, assuming the host is naive. What usually happens when hosts have agreed to this is that the "guest" tries to make a deal with you outside the platform. And you don't want to give some total stranger who hasn't even pid to book, your address and let them in your house. It's no different from letting any stranger in your house. They could be theives scoping the place out.

A guest should be able to get all the info they need from reading your description, looking at the photos, and asking questions.

Byron54
Level 10
La Ceiba, Honduras

For your own safety, don't ever do this, like @Sarah977 said, they could be scoping your place out. No one pays a visit to an Airbnb before they have booked, it defeats the purpose of this whole business. Theres even an option for your address can be hidden until the free cancelation period ends.