Reset new listing

Michelle4235
Level 1
Kailua-Kona, HI

Reset new listing

Aloha

I am a condo owner that just bought a vacation rental. The host working on my property just quit with no notice  the Airbnb account was disabled and I was locked  out

due to fact it was set up with the previous owner phone number. I was refused to have the phone number on the account. What can I do ?  I am losing all my reservations. Please advise

michelle jarvis

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Michelle4235 

Were you a cohost on the listing prior to the current host quitting abruptly? Or did you just purchase the listing and the only host listed quit?

Prior to the handover you should have been made the primary host to the listing with the current host as the cohost so you could take over the listing with no problems and you could control who has access (property managers, housekeepers, etc). There are people who set up listings for you but a proper set up should make you the primary and them the cohost. 

Airbnb does not usually allow a transfer of listings as ratings remain with the prior host. Many new owners had to set up an entire new listing with pics and descriptions as customer service said it is not policy to transfer listings. I have one prior stay as a guest where the owner successfully transferred his listing to the next owner. I think it may be a hit or miss. 

You can contact customer service and explain your situation to see if they can help. I think your best bet is to get a new listing up ASAP to capture new bookings. I created my listing on a Wed evening and went live Sat morning, so it’s possible but will take a lot of work (house manual, check in instructions, house rules, etc.)

You can create a new listing and ask for free feedback on the community forum as many hosts will give great feedback but it may take a while to get feedback. If you set up a new listing there is an option to get free help from a Superhost ambassador in setting up your listing as well. 

If you need further help, please feel free to message me directly as I do help people set up listings or review their listings too. Whichever way you choose, I hope you get this resolved quickly.