Review to leave if I'm a no-show (as a Guest!)

Matt6897
Level 2
Didcot, United Kingdom

Review to leave if I'm a no-show (as a Guest!)

This hasn't happened before, so I need guidance please!

I recently had to cancel at about 9pm. No refund, as expected, that was fine. Host was polite, again all good.

I wasn't going to bother reviewing ... but now the host has left me a review.

What star-ratings should I give?!? I can only comment on my message exchanges with the host. I've never seen the property 😕

6 Replies 6
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@Matt6897 

I'm not sure why the host would review you. You could just do nothing from your side. The host's review will be posted to your guest profile in 14 days, regardless of whether you write a review.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Matt6897 I wouldn't review in this case. Just leave it and the review the host left you should be visible in 14 days. 

Like @Shelley159  I'm not sure why the host reviewed you in this case. 

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Matt6897 The only thing you could really comment on in this situation would be the host's communication given that you did not stay at the property. Therefore, most of the category ratings wouldn't really apply to you. 

However, I have actually seen several reviews before for guest/host that didn't complete the actual stay and it's typically along the lines of "Unfortunately XYZ was not able to stay with us due to a change in plans, but he was polite and communicated well." or "Due to a change in pans I could not complete my stay, but XYZ was a polite host and communicated well."

If you just wanted to give a default 5 stars you could, but it's really up to you. In this situation I personally wouldn't leave a review because like you said there is not really much to comment on. 

Damien591
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

This has happened to me many times over the years as a host, where guests don't show up or cancel at the last minute. Often, they ask for a refund. In your case, since you didn't stay at the Airbnb, there's nothing to review. I suggest not leaving a review at all. Alternatively, if you're feeling generous, you could give them a five-star review without any text.

Proudly hosted hundreds of engaging, health-focused experiences with SpinOut Fitness since 2019, where guests can explore the San Francisco Bay on waterbikes while embracing fitness and adventure.
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Matt6897, I hope everything is going well with you, and thank you so much for bringing this topic to our community!

Our hosts have shared their suggestions. Have you had a chance to read them?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Matt6897. Hi Matt, as the check in time had already clicked over you are both allowed to provide a review. I expect the host will simply say you cancelled and did not stay.

I agree it will be hard for you to review most of the categories so I would just not bother. The host is probably just happy they got your booking and didnt have to argue with you over a possible refund!