Scam on damaging host items

Justin2115
Level 1
Singapore

Scam on damaging host items

On the July 26 to August 1st,

my family and I travelled to Penang Malaysia to attend my grandpa wake, however we have also book the airbnb to stay period for these few days,  most of the time we were at my grams place and only stays in the airbnb at night, during the stay it was pleasant until some issues happen and after which I’ve left the host an review mentioning about the unpleasant stay, 

all seems fine and I’ve also inform the host that I will be leaving the apartment and even took picture of everything to him. It was neat and not damaged.

after everything ends and came back to Singapore , I’ve received a damage claims from the host that he wanted to charge us a $1900 plus sgd at first for items listed in the list mentioning and blaming us for damaging the items.

it was pretty upsetting that we got accuse and so we decline the payment to the host as we didn’t touch any,  after all the escalation with the host and up to airbnb support team, with all the evidence on my end, the support team still decided to believe the host that we damage their property items.

This case cause a lot of frustrations and I even told them 1st time the host trying to charge us a $1900 plus sgd and now 2nd time a 1000sgd plus? Isn’t it alittle off and like how do they even break down the cost? 

as such I’ve ask them to give me a proper break down and please show me the original receipt of which the host buy? But they just skip my evidence and my appeal and still mention this below

the payment that was mention is voluntary and not mandatory but however airbnb still believe the host should get reimbursed, if the guest refuse to pay under their section 16.2 airbnb will pay on behalf for the guest first and charge the guest after and may cause upto 500usd?

this is not protecting the guest and this is trying to convey that host can just charge a guest or tourist in a certain way which they didn’t even do anything about.

very upset on how airbnb resolve the issue and hope who ever see this can share with me your experience on how this case works.

0 Replies 0