Seeking Advice: New Host Facing Challenges with First Booking and Airbnb Support

Olvia2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Seeking Advice: New Host Facing Challenges with First Booking and Airbnb Support

Dear Super Host,

I am a new host who has spent the past few weeks setting up my account and working with Airbnb Support to ensure everything was perfect for my first guest. Despite advice from other hosts that I might be a bit late in launching my listing for this summer, I was confident that my unique home would attract like-minded guests. Fortunately, my first guest booked a non-refundable 16-night stay and requested permission to check in the next day. I had initially set a three-day notice but agreed to her request since she was my first guest and the flat was ready.

I also hired two co-hosts to assist me, as I don't live in Athens. However, an hour before check-in, Airbnb canceled my booking! I spoke to the guest, who was understandably furious, and contacted Airbnb Support. They apologized and assured me they were fixing the issue, advising the guest to rebook and proceed with check-in. Unfortunately, my two co-hosts left, not wanting to be associated with a problematic listing, and my account was suspended while the guest was at my house!

I have tried contacting Airbnb Support multiple times, but each time, I'm told that someone more specialized will get in touch with me. Today marks the fifth day since the incident, and no one has contacted me, although my account is now back online. This situation has been extremely stressful, and I am shocked at how unprofessional Airbnb has been. I have lost a significant amount of income during a very challenging summer in Greece.

What do you suggest I should do? I they're a legal entity that can protect new hosts and situation similar to mine. 

Thank you.

Olvia 

1 Reply 1

thanks for the information