Snow storm shuts down flights - how do I refund a guest?

Jim2223
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Snow storm shuts down flights - how do I refund a guest?

I have a no refund policy if it's done within 2 weeks. This is about a guest cancelling today for a stay beginning tomorrow because of a legitimate reason - their travel is cancelled due to a snow storm (I'm in Alaska). 

I am fine refunding their money, but how do I do this within the Airbnb system? 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jim2223 Firstly DO NOT CANCEL - It will cause you all sorts of grief/expense.

Best way is to message the guest saying that they need to call Airbnb and ask for a cancellation/refund and that you will then agree to a refund. In all likelihood support will then call you and see if you agree to a refund at which point the guest will also get Airbnb's fees back.

If you cancel the guest will be fully refunded but you will be fined and your cancellation rate will stop you becoming a superhost for a year.

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

@Jim2223 please do let us know how it works out 😊 It's great to see you're sympathetic to your guests.

I hope the storm isn't too out of the ordinary for your area!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ok I will do this, thankyou. What number for Airbnb do I give the guest? Cheers / Jim

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jim2223 they should have a phone number for Airbnb on their booking confirmation. I only know the UK number I am afraid.