Suspension - Safety Team

Annie638
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Suspension - Safety Team

Hi All

I had a guest stayed who breached the safety policy by trying to come into my personal space, late at night when the door was closed and do not disturb sign on the door. I sent a message to Airbnb saying I had a privacy concern (I was feeling very uncomfortable with the guest due to this and some previous issues), but no-one contacted me and the guest left the next day (a day early). 

Two days later I get a message saying my account has been temporarily suspended. Then the next day a call at 2am, which I missed, and an email to say that there is an investigation into a privacy violation. Eventually I got to speak with a customer service officer and they said the guest has made a complaint. No idea what complaint is though.

I have queried with Safety team why they did nothing when I reported my privacy violation by the guest, who has gone on merrily staying in other airbnbs, account untouched and not spoken to about it, but when the guest makes a complaint I get suspended. 

I'm not intending to host again (host of 11 years and lots of 5 star reviews) because all the stress has impacted my health and wellbeing. The guest coming into my personal space was upsetting and then being suspended and no idea what she has complained about, is all very stressful. I also missed out on a booking. Something similar happened two years ago when a guest who had made a pass at me (which I chose to ignore) left and made some malicious  allegations, which took 3 weeks to sort, but they believed me in the again, but again no penalty for the guest. Airbnb should not be able to get away with this diabolical lack of parity in how they treat guests and hosts. 

Anyone any idea how long all this takes and how to speed up the process?  I 'm also thinking of suing airbnb in small claims for loss of earnings and breach of contract (failing to acknowledge my report). Airbnb really are a dreadful company in relation to hosts. 

0 Replies 0