Vetting a client

Vetting a client

hi- rookie here. I have a potential client booking for 4 months - how do I vette her?  It sounds like the Airbnb vetting is minimal. Suggestions for services to use? I’m sure this has been asked a million times so thanks in advance for being patient with me.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Bonnie539 are you referring to how-tos in terms of hosting a long-term booking? You may consider the following that may help you with your long-term stay guest. Hope this helps! 

-Before the reservation begins, have a detailed discussion with your guest about expectations, house rules, and any specific requirements from both sides. This helps prevent misunderstandings and ensures both parties are on the same page. Consider drafting a rental agreement for the duration of the stay but this has to be disclosed on your listing description that you have a rental agreement for long-term bookings.

-Plan for periodic check-ins with your guest to ensure they are comfortable and to address any issues that may arise. This could be in the form of a quick message or a scheduled visit, depending on what you both prefer.

-Discuss and agree upon the maintenance and cleaning arrangements. Some hosts include cleaning services at an extra fee, while others may expect the guest to maintain the property. Clarify these details upfront. For my long-term stay guests, I offer a cleaning weekly (but with the guest's permission). 

-Provide information on what to do and who to contact in case of an emergency. Give your guests a guide to the local area, including nearby grocery stores, pharmacies, public transportation options, and recommendations for dining and entertainment. This can greatly enhance their experience, especially if they are new to the area.

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hi @Bonnie539 ,

Indeed, it has been discussed many times, and you should search for more messages and stories here about how "guests" exploit new properties like yours. Some misuse the platform to gain access to spaces and then hosts struggle to remove them. A person living in your space for 4 months is not a client nor a guest; they are a tenant. Evicting a person like this requires legal action through the court. Is it worth it? Consult with a lawyer.