Warning enquire

Answered!
Olga1382
Level 2
Neepawa, Canada

Warning enquire

Hi everyone my name is Olli I’m renting my apartment for a month. 
just got this enquiry 

how do I respond to it? 

thank you!

Vi

12:52 PM

Hello, landlord, I am interested in your apartment and hope to move in as soon as possible. Please send the current availability and check-in conditions to my Whats App: *** . This program is not commonly used, so your message may be ignored. 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Olga1382 

This type of inquiry is typically someone who is looking to contact you to book directly so as to avoid the Airbnb fees.  They know exactly what they are doing and are scammers and target new hosts.

If you do contact them you are going against the terms and conditions that you agreed to. I had a few of these when I first began on Airbnb and I would flag these guests.  You'll see three dots ... on the conversation thread of the message system

It's only an enquiry so all you need to do is send them a message back but within 24 hours to maintain your response time saying that your calendar is up to date and the availability is shown and you only use the Airbnb message system.

You will see that they will disappear when they read this - they realise that you're not naive😉

If you want more information on how to handle enquiries, read the link below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Handling-Enquiries-and-Bookings/td-p/1895...

Good luck with hosting,

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Olga1382 

This type of inquiry is typically someone who is looking to contact you to book directly so as to avoid the Airbnb fees.  They know exactly what they are doing and are scammers and target new hosts.

If you do contact them you are going against the terms and conditions that you agreed to. I had a few of these when I first began on Airbnb and I would flag these guests.  You'll see three dots ... on the conversation thread of the message system

It's only an enquiry so all you need to do is send them a message back but within 24 hours to maintain your response time saying that your calendar is up to date and the availability is shown and you only use the Airbnb message system.

You will see that they will disappear when they read this - they realise that you're not naive😉

If you want more information on how to handle enquiries, read the link below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Handling-Enquiries-and-Bookings/td-p/1895...

Good luck with hosting,

Joëlle

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

@Joelle43 Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful advice with @Olga1382 😊

Did Joelle's advice help you with this question Olga, and did the guest end up booking? 

It would be great to hear from you! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Rebecca!

Yes @Joelle43 answer was very helpful!

Thank so much @Joelle43 for your time to answer my question!

this person was not able to book the place. 

Now Airbnb site tells me that I can’t see this conversation because this person was deleted from Airbnb. So I assume that was a scam. 
Thank you very much for help!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Olga1382 👋

Thank you so much for getting back to us and letting us know. Sorry that it was a scam! 

Wishing you all the best for the future! 🍀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you!!