When a weekend reservation prohibits a month long reservation, what would be options ?

Deanne11
Level 2
Concord, CA

When a weekend reservation prohibits a month long reservation, what would be options ?

I know why Airbnb started this new sever cancellation policy recently bc I find myself in this position lately and I am sure it is frequently an issue for other hosts.  

New 3 bdrm property in St Louis, MO is slow to book (one year old) so I signed up for both short and midterm renting.  Now they conflict.  For instance, I get a 3 day reservation next month then I get an opportunity for a whole month reservation a few days later but I have to refuse it..  It comes in fits and spurts so there is no way to predict.  
If I keep removing it from the short term platform I think the algorithm punishes me also. 

Anyone have similar issues?  I was thinking of making one bedroom an office, lower the price a bit and call it a 2 bedroom.  It is gorgeous and 2000 sq ft. 

I do my own management in 5 states but most of my other rentals are short and properties are 1-2 bedrooms.  

1 Reply 1
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I can make more money doing 4 - 3 day weekends instead of one month (28 day) rental between 50% monthly discount, utilities, amenities, and I do my own cleaning. Also 30 day rental is a different license in my state. I think you have to pick one or the other- you’re either short term or seasonal but not both.