When you travel & stay in an Airbnb - what type of accommodation do you prefer?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

When you travel & stay in an Airbnb - what type of accommodation do you prefer?

Airbnb AccomodationAirbnb Accomodation

Hi everyone, 

When travelling and searching for an Airbnb for a perfect staycation, you may come across a variety of listings and property types that you might want to explore. When travelling as a guest, do you go for an entire home or unit to have the place to yourself or prefer to go for an attached or detached apartment that has a private entrance? Or do you prefer shared homes? Do you specifically look for unique stays at rustic cabins or go for a modern apartment, located in the heart of the city? 

We would love to hear from our Hosts, what type of accommodation do you prefer when travelling as guests 😉 🏘?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

13 Replies 13
Hayley253
Level 2
Huntingdon, United Kingdom

I normally opt for a unique entire property with character. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's a brilliant one @Hayley253  😉 What type of unique stays have you explored till date?

Is there a go-to unique stay that you'd like to revisit some day? 

-----

Said191
Level 2
Peterborough, United Kingdom

I look for something like my home with great welcome

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Good one @Said191 ! Comfort is so much important when selecting a stay! Has there been a memorable experience for you as a guest, where another Host provided exceptional hospitality during your stay? 😍

-----

Cheryl978
Level 2
Colchester, United Kingdom

I like to stay in a self contained place, but be able to interact with host when I need to. Countryside and quiet. But I also like a city break accommodation as long as they have limited amount of noise during the evening while I’m sleeping. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Cheryl978 , Sounds like a great balance between privacy and interaction. 😉 Do you recall any host interaction during your stay as a guest , that has inspired or impacted your hosting style?

-----

Helen3106
Level 2
Warrington, United Kingdom

Hi. I tend to look for somewhere with a bit of character - an unusual building if possible. The type of property depends on the where and why I am travelling. A cool city apartment or a quirky woodland base. I like the variety really. 

Trudy125
Level 1
Swindon, United Kingdom

Hi 👋👋👋 It depends who I'm with and where I'm going. If it's a city break then a city apartment in the middle of everything. If it's for r&R somewhere quiet, away from it all, with private outdoor space and ideally a pool or hot tub. With lots of lovely countryside and maybe a pub

Angie755
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

When I’m travelling, I look for unique quirky properties something that’s very different. I find that’s the whole purpose of Airbnb. You can travel all around the world and stay in the most wonderful homes.

Angela3509
Level 1
Holt, United Kingdom

Something self-contained, clean and comfortable and walking distance to a beach with a balcony or outside space to sit and sip wine.   

@Bhumika , I like a place, a whole house or place to myself, that makes me feel relaxed and comfortable, close to the hub of things but far enough from the noise. Most importantly, I look for cleanliness, then everything else follows…

Beatriz1008
Level 2
Venice, FL

It certainly depends on the nature of my trip, for instance:

1.- Medical Trip:  I'd look for a place that would emphasizes in sanitization big time. 

2.- Business trip:  Would have to be a room/bathroom comfortable and as quiet as possible

3.-  Vacational:  I'll chose a place with lots of comfort that suit all my needs 

Basically, that's why Airbnb is what it is, providing all kinds of accommodation for the great variety of needs in the whole world.

Becky579
Level 2
Zeeland, MI

I would say we definitely prefer to have the whole place to ourselves. We don't care if it is a condo or home. Usually we are looking to stay near a particular area for activities like skiing when we are searching to stay in an Airbnb.