Work to be carried out on an Airbnb property

Debbie1353
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

Work to be carried out on an Airbnb property

Hi all, we have been informed this morning that work is about to start on the Airbnb property we are renting from next week.  We are in the UK and the property is in AUS.  We’ve been told it is work to the outside of the property in preparation for decorating but not absolutely sure.  We are somewhat worried as we’re thinking of sanders and god knows what else starting at the crack of dawn, we will have travelled a very long way and are getting older 🥴 so definitely need our peace and sleep.  I know work like this has to be done and is difficult to fit in but this property was sold as being in a very quiet and peaceful area.  It also came just 2 days after making the final payment ! 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Debbie1353 it'll probably be fine - were any quiet hours defined in the listing?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I too would be worried if I was you. 

what sort of work is being carried out to the outside of the building and during which hours ?

the host absolutely shouldn't be arranging building work in a property while they have guests .

did the host offer a penalty free cancellation ? If you don't want to stay ask Airbnb to cancel penalty free because the host has just informed you they are now having building work for the duration of your stay.

before you do this do check availability for similar listings