Zero communication from booking party

Answered!
Tyler616
Level 2
Neenah, WI

Zero communication from booking party

We rent our house out for EAA air show in Oshkosh WI . (this is the 4th year we've done it) Starts 7/24-7/30. each renter has always commutated with us prior to showing up.  This year it feels different. This years booking rented us out in April (strict) . Iv sent welcome note, additional information prior to show up. Ill be sending another note out 2 days prior to checking with arrival instructions . So far I have had zero contact/communication from them. All messaged have been sent through air bnb message app. App notifies me that messages have been read.  Has anyone else experienced this before with zero communication? It just feels off.  Also from viewing there profile. The account was created the same month they booked with us. 

Thank you 

T. 

1 Best Answer

Some people just don't respond. i have had that happen before . We just greet them when they arrive, but we are right next door. It may not be as easy for other host. People get busy in their lives and just forget.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tyler616 if you are really concerned then call them on the phone.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Tyler616 I would suggest that they do not have the app active , but send them a message by phone and repeat the message on the messaging. Inform them that you do require all guests to have a working mobile and to answer all messages both before and during their stay , be pleasant and simply send through your usual information , doubling up on the messaging . You can also add ,if this does not generate any return that they risk losing their accomodation via cancellation, if they do not respond . This usually focuses the mind. Another thing is that the guest may have booked via another booking agent or is generally a hotel guest and are simply unfamilar with Airbnb. check their reviews ... H

Some people just don't respond. i have had that happen before . We just greet them when they arrive, but we are right next door. It may not be as easy for other host. People get busy in their lives and just forget.