guest doenst leave , doesnt pay

Jindan2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

guest doenst leave , doesnt pay

guest check out was yesterday

(im in london)

and he didnt extend reservation

also, he said he doen't have money ( he is not saying he will pay , he doenst have money ,and he cant pay any"

and also he said i cannot evict him due to corona virus until 18th june

(goverment rule is landlord cannot evict tenant before 18th june)

but he only rent private room which is my next room , he didnt rent entire flat

what i have to do?

when i call airbnb they said " they will check out with guest"

and they dont take my phone call anymore. 

can i just throw away his stuff outside and lock the door?

i didnt call police yet, cuz , if police said i cant kick him out. do i need to offer free room to 18th june?

jesus

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jindan2 

How long has he been there? If its a short time and he overstays then he is trespassing and you should be able to get the police to remove him. If he's been there for months/years I am not sure it is as clear cut.

I doubt he is a tenant under law but it does depend on what agreements you had with him and, even without agreements he will gain tenants rights after a period of time.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

How long has this guest been staying with you @Jindan2  I ask as hosts in the UK offering a room in their home haven't been able to offer STRs for some weeks now under corona virus legislation introduced back in March.

He is not a tenant and you are not his landlord. Once his booking is finished he has no right to stay at your property. Your guest is confusing legislation regarding those with tenancies  for whole flats or accommdation and what the guest is...a short term rental guest in your home.

You will need to wait until he goes out, change the locks and pack up his stuff. I would then message him and say you are happy to arrange for him to come and collect his belongings at a mutually convenient time OUTSIDE your property.

I am not sure whether the police will help as this is a civil matter.