Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

insurance

Answered!

insurance

Can anyone tell me why this platform does not offer insurance to the guests? I have experience issues where I had damages and it was like pulling teeth to get the claim paid. I also have had experience where I had to place a claim with another platform, and it was so smooth and hassle free. There are other platforms that makes the guest get insurance when booking for a small minimum fee. Its crazy that we have to almost beg to get the damages paid when guest cause them. 

Top Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Verne40 

Airbnb does offer trip insurance, but not damage insurance. I know the other platform you are talking about, and I agree that it would be a good thing for Airbnb to look into, if for no other reason than to keep up with the competition!

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Verne40 

Airbnb does offer trip insurance, but not damage insurance. I know the other platform you are talking about, and I agree that it would be a good thing for Airbnb to look into, if for no other reason than to keep up with the competition!

@Pat271What other booking agency provides damage insurance, for free?

@Fred13  It is for a small minimum fee, as @Verne40 explained. $59 in most cases, I believe. It provides $1500 worth of damage insurance.

Cool, good to know.

Correct. It's not much but its something. 

None that I am aware of.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Verne40 @Pat271 @Fred13 Make sure to forward this suggestion directly to Airbnb as well using the Feedback Form! 😉 I've taken note of this as well.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Yes, hosts should be made aware of this, and maybe just maybe gives Airbnb a perfect avenue to get out of the business of the damage-protection quagmire.