Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

2nd Factor Authentication issue

Blerim1
Level 2
Gaillard, France

2nd Factor Authentication issue

Hello,

i am recently having issues with entering on « earning «  page. The second factor authentication does not work, the code is sent to the mobile phone, I enter the PIN, then it goes back to the code from mobile phone (loop).  

i have written to help center in Airbnb, no luck, they unlock the earning page so I can enter with any code (automatic solution I guess) and after a period of 15 mins back to the issue. 

airbnb not helping, not responding.

appreciate your help if anyone has an idea. 

the issue is occurring recently as it was fine before. 

2 Replies 2
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Blerim1 😊

I am truly sorry about this situation.

Have you managed to solve the problem in the meantime?

I will mention some hosts to see if they might know how to help you:

@Joelle43@Joan2709@Karen114 and @Zheng49

Thank you in advance everyone!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Blerim1 

The first authentication code is a 6 digit code that we select to have sent to our mobile phone which we then enter into the field provided.   Easy part. 

The second code that Airbnb ask for is a SECRET code that is also a 6 digit code but it is different to that first one, confusing I agree. So if you enter an incorrect code then you go back to the beginning again - the loop you mention.

If you have forgotten what this secret code is because you created it a long time ago, Airbnb asks you underneath, give you another chance to access your earnings and you are asked if you would rather answer some security questions.  These security questions (questions like what was the name of your first school, name of your best friend etc) is something that was asked by Airbnb to increase security and the answers we gave are saved.  It's important to use the exact words and to remember if we used a capital letter or not.

Then there is a third option which is your Airbnb password.  

So I really hope that you have kept this information safe somewhere?

Fingers crossed🤞

Joëlle