"Pet Friendly"

"Pet Friendly"

I've included my pet in search criteria but the distinctions seem unclear.  It seems that "pet friendly" only applies to assistance animals at times not a "family pet".   Often the details such as size of dog restrictions are buried in some related page but not clear where to find the info.   I WANT to know that my dog is welcome at the rental and NOT find out he's unwelcome the day of arrival.  Anybody else have this frustration?

dennis

2 Replies 2
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Dennis816  just send an  inquiry and ask. (note this is not a request to book, so you aren't committing to anything)

Also, it's not really our fault because we don't get a lot of options when it comes to offering pet friendly facilities. It's pretty much YES or NO. Some people want to restrict the size of the dog, or the # of pets allowed, and there's no easy way to do this. 

So just ask the host, we all love good communication from guests. 

Sheila646
Level 9
Elizabeth, CO

This is a weakness in the platform from the host perspective too. We have to include pet details in the rules and description, which we can't format for ease of reading. I love appreciate how easy Airbnb makes the hosting interface, but the ability to expand on certain features or at least format our descriptions would be helpful for everyone.

You might try a keyword search for dog-friendly. Or use your browser's page search to take you directly to the criteria for dogs. 

Keep trying. Someone has a great place for you and your dog.

Farm Diva