review

Answered!

review

How can I fix a bad review that made a guess just because I made a claim for the music at high volume and property damage?

Top Answer

@Mayelin8 

If you know you will be planning on filing a resolution claim, as @Mike-And-Jane0 mention , it's better to wait until the guest writes their review first before letting on to the guest that you'll be filing a claim. Of course, you have to file your claim within 14 days, but suggest you wait as long as possible for the guest to write their review first.

Be sure though that you have communicated with the guest if the issue is actively occuring during the stay ON THE PLATFORM MESSASGING (neighbor complained about the noise, you notice there are extra guests not disclosed, you notice the cameras are suddenly off-line). Always give them the benefit of the doubt in written communication, "we received a notification the internet is off-line, did you perhaps accidentally unplug it?" I would buy a noise monitor like Minut or NoiseAware (they are inexpensive). If a neighbor complains about the noise, check your Noise monitor. Then message the guest on the platform, "Hi XXXX, we received a notification from our outdoor noise monitor and our neighbors have complained about the noise outside? (be sure you have disclosed the noise monitor properly on the listing). Some Hosts I work with have local restrictions/ordinances regarding noise. These hosts usually post a sign within the listing mentioning the quiet times are XXPM to XXAM. "Please be respectful of our neighbors especially when outside by the pool. We are required to abide by local noise ordinances."

Once they have written their review (or the window to post a review is almost over) and they haven't written their review, you have no choice but to file your resolution request (at the last minute) and write your factual, non-emotional review. Be sure you have evidence of the issue (photos, messages on the platform about the issue, copy of police report, etc.).

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mayelin8 Sadly there is nothing you can do. In future review the guest (and get their review) before you claim for damage. Also I see you didn't review this guest at all. If you don't review poor guests then they will just go on to the next place and behave poorly.

Thank you very much for this recommendation.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mayelin8, welcome to our community 😊

There are many great suggestions from our hosts in this thread ✌️. If you find any of their answers particularly useful, please don't hesitate to mark it as the best answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1725489665699.png

This will help future guests and hosts with similar questions easily find this conversation.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Mayelin8 

If you know you will be planning on filing a resolution claim, as @Mike-And-Jane0 mention , it's better to wait until the guest writes their review first before letting on to the guest that you'll be filing a claim. Of course, you have to file your claim within 14 days, but suggest you wait as long as possible for the guest to write their review first.

Be sure though that you have communicated with the guest if the issue is actively occuring during the stay ON THE PLATFORM MESSASGING (neighbor complained about the noise, you notice there are extra guests not disclosed, you notice the cameras are suddenly off-line). Always give them the benefit of the doubt in written communication, "we received a notification the internet is off-line, did you perhaps accidentally unplug it?" I would buy a noise monitor like Minut or NoiseAware (they are inexpensive). If a neighbor complains about the noise, check your Noise monitor. Then message the guest on the platform, "Hi XXXX, we received a notification from our outdoor noise monitor and our neighbors have complained about the noise outside? (be sure you have disclosed the noise monitor properly on the listing). Some Hosts I work with have local restrictions/ordinances regarding noise. These hosts usually post a sign within the listing mentioning the quiet times are XXPM to XXAM. "Please be respectful of our neighbors especially when outside by the pool. We are required to abide by local noise ordinances."

Once they have written their review (or the window to post a review is almost over) and they haven't written their review, you have no choice but to file your resolution request (at the last minute) and write your factual, non-emotional review. Be sure you have evidence of the issue (photos, messages on the platform about the issue, copy of police report, etc.).

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mayelin8 Now I am a bit more sneaky than @Joan2709 . As such I wouldn't approach the guest at all during their stay unless they were really disturbing the neighbours or doing damage. If I did approach them the Joans friendly approach is the one to go with. THEN I would slate them in their review (if deserved of course) and claim damages post their review if at all possible.

Thank you very much for this recommendation.