1st short term rental, looking for input and a question about adding a garage to listing

Jon5078
Level 2
San Diego, CA

1st short term rental, looking for input and a question about adding a garage to listing

Hello everyone! This is my first short term rental and looking for any input good, bad, on my listing and appreciate any advise anyone can offer. I also have a single wide 45' deep garage 2 levels below my condo that I would like to give people the option of renting as well for boat storage. I'm not sure if there is a way to link the garage to my existing listing or if I need to create a second listing just for the garage? 

Thanks in advance!

Jon

5 Replies 5
Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Please post your listing web address.

What type of clientele are you looking to get? (i.e. budget friendly, mid-tier, high earners).

As a guest(I fall somewhere between mid-mid plus), I would not pick your space. I personally don't like airbnb's who try to squeeze in as many guests as possible. You have 2 rooms, 4 people should be your max. Respectfully, it looks like the furniture is older and used. The carpet is a big minus. I wouldn't feel like I'm on vacation with the current state of your space. My opinion would be that this is a budget rental and $140 seems high per night. There is definitely a market for budget rentals but you will always be chasing your competition's lower rates. Unless your location is 5 Star, I would think about renovating.

Get professional photography. This is a must.

Thanks Juan! I appreciate you taking time to look and offer suggestions. All valid points and much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

Jon5078
Level 2
San Diego, CA

@Jon5078 

Personally  the words air mattress would  be a definite  no.

Your dining table  has 4 seats,  your balcony 2  seats  doesn't invite  6  adults..

I  think you  do have to define your target and  market accordingly.  Maybe max  4,  but  you put in your description  that   you  can accommodate 3  children  two  adults.    Children  can  handle  Air  mattresses

Hello @Marie8425 ,

Great input and I agree 4 adults and a few kids is probally a better descreption than for 6 adults & never thoiught about listing it that way. Thnaks again for the input and advise!

Jon