Adding use of a grand piano to my listing

Sam-And-Steve0
Level 2
California, United States

Adding use of a grand piano to my listing

We hope to rent our our entire house  in the summer when we are away. 

I am a piano teacher and have a beautiful grand piano in the room which opens up to our patio.  I don't really want to purchase a protective cover and lock it but feel like I need some extra security ( or earn extra $ ) , renting it as a special feature to protect my asset from damage.

Looking for advice. 

Thanks 

3 Replies 3
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Make sure to cover it in a hard plastic bubble so when a family with wild kids try banging on its keys like chimpanzees they do not get it out of tune. 😆

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

children will bang on it. Food platters will get placed on it along with ice buckets. If you have a removable cover, plan on having it removed.

Trying to set up rules will only lead to rules being broken and no way to get damages to be compensated. 

I would get it out of your house for the summer. Do you have a student who would love to have a piano for the summer? A family who would be responsible? Or hire a mover and put it in storage.

I had a 7’ grand which I donated to a church and now have a 1932 chickering upright that the grand kids do bang on, under my watchful eye

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you put such a beautiful, expensive item at risk @Sam-And-Steve0 of short term rental guests?

How would renting the listing with the piano as a special feature protect it? 

You can ask your insurer for your short term rental insurance whether the piano would be covered against damage . But in your situation I would get it securely covered or temporarily move it elsewhere.