Am i allowed to install a door sensor?

Answered!
Michael1107
Level 4
Parma, Italy

Am i allowed to install a door sensor?

Screenshot_20221025_143401_com.android.chrome.jpg

So my airbnb is very small and simple, actually the apartment is big, the guest's room  is big, but what the guest see is corridor and bathroom and they are small.

When a guest enters he has his room in front of him, the bathroom at his left, and onother door at his right that he does not not have access to.

I can be there during the day but i sleep at my mothers house.

So most of the time guest check out by themselves, they leave the keys on the table and close the door(without the keys).

For safety i want to install a door sensor, basically if the door opens when I'm not home in a day with no guests or after the last guest has check out i recieve a signal on my phone

So i would put it on the outside door, the brown one, not on the internal white doors. Am i allowed to do that? I don't know if some guests would not understand what it is and complain 

IMG_20221025_144544.jpg

IMG_20221025_143416.jpg

IMG_20221025_144446.jpg

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael1107 if the door sensor is similar to those that are used in burglar alarm systems I can't see any guest complaining. Now if it is, or looks like, a camera I can see them complaining!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael1107 if the door sensor is similar to those that are used in burglar alarm systems I can't see any guest complaining. Now if it is, or looks like, a camera I can see them complaining!

Hello @Mike-And-Jane0!

To be honest i didn't choose one yet because I'm looking for one that's compatible with Alexa so i don't have to spend extra money for onother hub, but they all look almost the same

There's no camera, no light that might get confused for a camera detector or something, it's just 2 magnet signals basically Screenshot_20221025_150610.jpg

Renee291
Level 7
Cincinnati, OH

Why not use a Ring doorbell with a camera that is outside the entrance door to the home? If you disclose the exterior camera it should not be a problem.  I use one so I can monitor the property when it's vacant.  You get notified of motion detected. Have you considered a combination lock box for the keys as well? I change the combo for each guest to the last 4 digits of their phone number. 

Im not allowed to put anything externally! this a block of flats, outside the entrance door i have no private space or garden, there is just the common stairs that other neighbor use to go to their flats, no one is allowed to put anything