Another way to get a 5 star review

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Another way to get a 5 star review

For those hosts who accept children on their properties I have found it’s a good idea to offer a porta-cot, change-table and a high-chair as available options.
I also supply a box of toys, mainly as a diversion to keep them interested in the toys rather than my furniture and accessories!
I even provide a choice of childrens bath towels for those 4-8 year olds that like to choose! They can choose between Frozen, Toy Story or Star War……as per this pic!

IMG20230902142318.jpg
Little things like that parents really take on board and remember..... you made their child happy and they won't forget that!
What surprised me, and what l wanted to get across, it started out as a bit of a joke but, both kids and parents just loved the idea so, l thought I would like to share with the community.

It is these little things we learn as our hosting journey progresses that makes us what we are. The look on those parents faces when I offered their little girl a choice between a 'Toy Story' and a 'Frozen' bath towel was priceless. The little girl squealed with delight as she selected her favourite.......'Elsa'. The parents looked at each other and gave each other a hug...... and I knew I was in for a 5 star review. Never underestimate 'child-power'!

That's one of those experiences you remember long after the stay has ended! 

I don't charge additional for any of these things and I find parents really do appreciate it and tell me it’s a thoughtful gesture. It doesn't cost much, those towels were about $6 each from Spotlight, have lasted through about 30 kid stays and have turned out to be one of my hosting assets.

Cheers........Rob
4 Replies 4
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

I bet those kids really feel quite special @Robin4! It's a lovely idea and shows such consideration--especially when children can feel a bit out of sorts in a new place. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Robin4 So we have been Superhosts from the earliest point possible after starting up. We provide a good standard of accommodation that is warm and clean and matches the description but we do not go any further than this. Perhaps Airbnb needs a SuperSuperHost category for those who go above and beyond and provide food platters, children towels etc.......

@Mike-And-Jane0 

I appreciate what you are saying Mike, and I am not saying we should turn over our lives to our guests and I definitely don't think we should complicate this rating thing any more than it already is.

But every now and then I stumble across something that turns out to be a hosting positive, and this kids towels things was just one of those.

We need to supply towels for guest children anyway so, it is not as though this is something additional again to what is required. And if anything it is actually cheaper for the host than supplying another adult towel.

Where can you buy a reasonable quality adult towel for £3........?

It's not a race to see which hosts can supply the most for their guests Mike. Every time a child arrives here and I give them the option of choosing their bath towel their face lights up, it's just something that makes our hosting a little bit nicer and I thought, as it is a positive I would like to share it with the community.

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4 , Great idea. I’d probably do the same if my listing allowed children. And you’re right, it’s the little things we do to make our guest feel “special.”