Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

39716847_05.jpg

Hello everyone

I hope the start of fall/spring is shaping up beautifully in your area! 🍃/🍂

For many guests, having access to laundry facilities might be an important aspect of their stay, though this need often varies depending on the location and the nature of their trip.

Are guests able to do laundry at your property? If so, do you provide cleaning supplies, such as laundry detergent? If you don’t offer this service, I’d love to hear your reasons in the comments.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

88 Replies 88
Jazmin114
Level 2
Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands

Not in our unit as we live on the beach and guest like to wash their sandy suites and towels. However, there is a self serve laundry in the complex near the main office. 

Yes.  We have washer and dryer with laundry detergent, dryer sheets for guests to use.  No extra charge.

Yes, they are. I supply for a basic laundry. If my guess will be more than 3 days, they have to look for more detergent. There is a small market inside the complex an a supermarket 2.5 km from the building.

The supermarket is on mall and there, you can find a pharmacy, butcher shop, hardware and another types of stores.

Jennifer-and-Forrest0
Level 2
Crescent City, CA

Yes, we do have a washer and dryer in the unit that are available for guests to use. We provide a small bottle of laundry detergent as well. Even short term guests appreciate this amenity. It also helps out when I host the occasional person who requests an excessive amount of “extra towels.” I simply encourage them to wash the ones that are already made available to 

Kasey80
Level 2
Cornville, ME

Yes! I offer a washing machine & dryer at no extra charge. I supply free & clear laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Both machines are located in a hallway in the main living area (one story house) providing easy access to the machines for the guests. 

Joshy3
Level 2
Alappuzha, India

Hello Ms.Paula,

Greetings of the day...

'My properties are houseboats and usually stay one night

in the houseboat and usually they don't require any laundry facility.

If it's required there are laundries offering the services nearby.

Karen3592
Level 3
Santa Rosa, CA

Karen3592
3m ago

Hi, our guests are usually not able to do laundry at our home. Our Airbnb cottage is in a separate unit in our backyard. Most guests don’t enter my home. However, on occasion, I have allowed a few guests to come in and do a load of laundry at my house. One occasion was two young girls who had come from a camping trip. Another was our guests traveling from Europe. There is a laundromat in the shopping center at the end of my street. I direct people to go there. Karen

Lee5615
Level 2
Quitman, TX

Guests are unable to do laundry at our Airbnb because it is an Airstream camper and is too small for a washing machine. 

Jim-And-Sue2
Level 2
Sequim, WA

Unfortunately, no. We do not have any laundry facilities in our unit.

Achilleas11
Level 2
Paphos, Cyprus

Because turnover time is tight i found outsourcing to a laundry service can save time and ensure high-quality cleaning.

I also maintain extra sets of bedding and towels to quickly turn over the property without needing immediate access to laundry services.

Katri916
Level 1
Tampere, Finland

Hello,  I have a washing machine, a dryer, laundry detergent and softener  in the apartment. Guests can use them for free.  I've had only short time guests and Im new here, so nobody has yet use this option.

Josh2022
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

If the guest is staying at least 2 nights then I don't mind if they do some laundry, however some who stay a single night have in the past 

Jo973
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Guests are able to do laundry at my property! Usually they don’t unless they are staying for longer than 5-7 days. 

I provide laundry detergent and dryer sheets. 

Yes, both a washer and dryer are in premise. I feel it sets an air bnb apart from hotels. I will look for this when booking my own Airbnb since I have a larger family