Are rule-sets available ONLY for multiple listings?

Donna51
Level 7
Seattle, WA

Are rule-sets available ONLY for multiple listings?

I have looked and cannot find anything about this. I am a Super Host and have been hosting for 7+ years. I only recently decided to create rule-sets, to try to avoid so many single-night stays on weekends, with cleaners being hard to find and my own time limited.

I noticed a weekend night where a guest was able to book just one night (despite the rule set), which had me searching for answers. What *seems* to be the case is that Rule-Sets are only available for hosts with Professional Tools (aka multiple listings). 1. Is this true? 2. If not, can someone point me to determine how a particular date has what rule-set? (I can see a color on that day but several of my rule-sets have the same color (as I didn't know how important this would be when I set them up).)

If this IS true (venting now to Airbnb, who I know doesn't see this forum), why would the Rule-Set option even SHOW UP for someone with a single listing? For how much we pay, I would expect the technical developers and product people to be more on top of this than they are. Also, it means I wasted valuable time setting these up and need to find another way to prevent a streak of single-night bookings - though I'm highly doubtful that will be something made easy or automatic for me by Airbnb.

More importantly, why wouldn't a single-listing host have access to a rule-set? We need that option, too!

(I'll add that, in typical Airbnb fashion, when I noticed a similar issue a few months ago and contacted Customer Service, they indicated nothing was wrong and I must not have set it up before the guest booked. Which I did, but -- as friendly as the rep was -- he was clearly limited in terms of knowledge: his ability to review the history of my listing changes and -- APPARENTLY -- not knowing that rule-sets wouldn't work since I have a single listing?!?!?! I figured it was a blip, checked my upcoming rule sets and went naively on my way -- until now.)

4 Replies 4
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Donna51 

I am not a professional host but I do use rule sets (for specifying no check in on particular dates). I have three listings, but have to apply rule sets for each listing individually. Perhaps it depends on which rule sets you are trying to use and that some of them are available to all, while others only to professional hosts.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Donna51 pro tools are available to all. Rule sets only come with pro tools switched on though.

Donna51
Level 7
Seattle, WA

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0, Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, while I do have Pro Tools turned on, an Airbnb customer representative just sent me this message, which states that Rule-Sets are only for hosts with multiple listings.

While one of the articles shared talks about being able to set custom trip lengths, it's my understanding that is a one-size-fits-all setting. Meaning, I would be requiring that EVERY Friday be a 2-night stay, and that is not want I want to do. I want to pick specific weekend nights (sometimes Fridays, sometimes Saturdays, depending on other bookings -- plus holidays) where my rule-sets would apply.

Here's their response: "Congratulations on being a Superhost with Airbnb. Thank you for your dedication to providing exceptional hospitality.

I understand that you wanted to know if the rule set doesn't work if you only have 1 listing. No worries, I'll go ahead and look into this.

Upon checking, rule sets only works if you have multiple listings. If you want to custom prices or custom trip lengths, you can use the setting on your listing to add custom prices or custom trip lengths.

For more information, please visit:"

Then she gives me links, which I'm not allowed to include in this message, apparently.

All three URLs start out www.airbnb.com/help/article/ then end in: 2061, 880, or 474.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Donna51 the rep must be wrong. @Scott may be willing to tell us if you need multiple listings to use rulesets (but I am sure you don't.