Can I make the bad guest leave the apartment?

Can I make the bad guest leave the apartment?

Hi, I've accepted a guest. I'm not physically in the apartment. The guest has been staying with me for two days and has been behaving badly. He's breaking all the rules. He's drugged and the neighbors in the house are complaining.
Airbnb doesn't do anything!!! and just says me to wait for other department response and then no one calls.

Can I/my administrator make the man leave the apartment?
He has still 4 nights left. Anyone have any experience?
What to do if he doesn't want to leave the apartment? He doesn't respond to my administrator's calls, he does take other guests into the apartment.

I honestly don't know what to do...

10 Replies 10
Ross869
Level 4
Navarre, FL

If he/she is breaking pre-existing rules that you have clearly instructed them not to break then you absolutely can. Airbnb support should be listening to your issues and accept the cancellation. I would call them again, and tell them exactly what is happening and which rules specifically they are breaking. Don’t cancel their reservation yet, let Airbnb do it. You can also call the guests number listed on the reservation, and ask them to kindly cancel their reservation after explaining what they have done. Again, it must be established rules that have been broken. 

I've called Airbnb several times. I've explained it to them for about the tenth times and they just say they'll call back in a few minutes / that they're not competent and no one will call back. I have also written to my support manager.

I'm stressed about it. I don't know what to do. The guy is under the influence and I can't talk to him normally.
It's a terrible experience...
No one can tell me if I can kick him out of my apartment. I'll refund his money.

Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

Waste no time. Refund the 4 nights. Good luck. 

@Bronwyn100  Bad advice if the guest is still staying. Then he still has a bad rule-breaking guest in residence and has given that guest money back. 

@Kia272. And in  the meantime Airbnb have suspended his listing. Lose lose for hosts 😞

@Frances3408  This guilty until proven innocent system has got to be stopped!!!

I said remove the guest immediately & refund nights not used! 

@Bronwyn100  I'm sure you meant to say that, but you didn't. 

I just didn't want the OP to do that, so I clarified. 

If a guest made me feel threatened I would call the police not Airbnb. 

@Petr1081. Petr, you're a lawyer. I'd focus on legally removing the guest first via cancellation then deal with Airbnb and the implications of a refund and any penalties, considering the guest broke House Rules. It looks like your listing has been suspended (check) so no new bookings can happen until this is resolved to Airbnb's satisfaction.

Going forward have a back up plan to deal with these situations yourself, if necessary. Airbnb arent police so they cant enforce anything in person.