Check in instructions

Kate1925
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Check in instructions

Hi! 

I’m trying to replace some of the photos I originally used in the step by step ‘check in instructions’ on the app.

When I try to replace an image with a new one, 3 dots appear and the new image remains ghosted. I can click in to the image to draw on it but it never uploads. It’s all very frustrating! 

I have made sure that the app has access to my photos, I have cleared my cookies, I have logged out and turned off and on and logged back in, I have tried on my husbands phone, I have tapped my head and rubbed my tummy…. I’m not sure what else to try. 

am using an iPhone. ‘Help’ suggested I try an android phone but sadly I am one of those traditional

types who only has one phone. 

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to find a solution? 

Thanks SO much

9 Replies 9
Jonah15
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

8990ECF3-A6A5-4FBD-B4FE-C59D92CF1902.jpegI’m having the same issue!  I’m unable to update my check in instructions for guests and received a couple low check in rating because of this issue.

reported as a bug under feedback.

Kate1925
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Jonah15  It’s so frustrating! I hope I get a response from the help centre soon. I will let you know if I do. How do you report it as a bug in feedback? I’d like to do that. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kate1925  Have you tried on a laptop? Many features function much better in the desktop version than the app.

Kate1925
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977  I’m fairly certain the step by step ‘check in instructions’ can only be set up in the app. As far as I know (and I have hunted high and low) there is no way to do this via a browser. Thanks though! 

Debbie593
Level 2
Broadway, United Kingdom

I’m unable to add photos to my check in instructions using my iPhone. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks

Kate1925
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

No solution as yet @Debbie593 . I have asked in the help centre and I am waiting for a response. If/when I get the solution I will post it here 

Michelle1164
Level 10
Clearwater, KS

@Jonah15 I am having the same issue. Trying to update and add a few new photos to help prevent guests from going to neighbors. It’s happened twice now that I am aware of. This last time the guest arrived after midnight. He opened the neighbors storm door, heard a dog start barking, and couldn’t find automated door lock so turned around and left. Needless to say dog barking woke the neighbor out of a dead sleep. He checked his ring doorbell camera and saw a guy standing there with luggage in tow looking at his phone then leave. Luckily we had informed the neighbor we would be having a guest arrive that night. So when he saw the guy with luggage he was pretty sure it was our guest. Not a good situation to be in. Someone could end up getting hurt or police called on them. This glitch needs to be rectified ASAP. 

“It’s not where you go, it’s who you meet along the way.” Wizard of Oz
Debbie593
Level 2
Broadway, United Kingdom

Hi,

I've found that the issue has been resolved in the last couple of days.

Kate1925
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

OMG! It is true @Debbie593 @Michelle1164 @Sarah977 @Jonah15 , it works!! Happy days!!!