Cleaning

John7483
Level 2
Sileby, United Kingdom

Cleaning

Our place is very old with very old brickwork, there is absolutely no chance that it will ever look 100% clean, will never happen, that said its so very clean everything spotless after making a very difficult choice of firing my niece who now will never speak to me again.

We have a brilliant cleaning company that have made a huge difference to our place new pots new pans new everything, but still no joy in the cleaning feedback, I don't know what to do.

Some pics below of our place.download (11).pngdownload (12).pngdownload (14).png1da887a0-dcf6-49c6-b928-0cfbe28e85e5-2.jpg

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

Hi @John7483 to add to your woes you are making private comments visible to future guests which is a schoolboy error I am afraid. See review and your response below.

A very quiet and well located place. Very homely feel to the house. A great place to go with extended family holiday. Lots of property’s so you can have your own space but be together as a group.

Response from John
September 2023
Happy you had a good stay but disagree about fly infestation as we have recently had the place checked over as have other barns and all was clear, I think you are out of order for stating this because if you noticed our property is on a farm you cannot avoid one or two flies, to call it an infestation your wrong. Also our cleaning company have reported that you did not exactly leave the place in a tidy state so thought I would also mention that so that you can put that right on your next visit elsewhere. Thank you for your business.

@Mike-And-Jane0 OMG What have I done complete downward spiral wait until my wife finds out I am in deep trouble, is there any way I can remove the comment?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @John7483  I am not sure you can remove responses. But give Airbnb a call and check.

I appreciate it must be frustrating having changed your cleaning regime to still be marked down on cleaning. However I can see you are still being marked down for cleaning for example recent guests complaining about dirty glasses and crockery.

Do you provide your cleaners with a check list for each room and ask for photos/video's after each clean?

Have you asked guests who have marked you down on cleanliness for advice on areas you can improve? What specific comments have they made relating to cleanliness?

Have you stayed in the property yourselves. Staying somewhere you rent out can really help you understand issues as a guest. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@John7483 You can remove a review but not a comment on a guest's review. Oh well I am sure your wife will forgive you.....eventually.

Looks like business over for now then, I just reduced the average NIGHT Rate see how we go.