Clients dogs in swimming pools

Tash1066
Level 1
Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Clients dogs in swimming pools

If clients keep disobeying the signs for no dogs in pools can we remove them from the property...

7 Replies 7
Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

You must

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would of maybe change to a no pets policy @Tash1066 

Elena4354
Level 10
Porto, Portugal

@Tash1066 , yes, of course. The guests should follow your House Rules. 
if they don’t do it you can contact Airbnb support and ask to cancel the reservation due to House Rules violation. 
Kind regards. 
Elena. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tash1066 yes but Airbnb will probably refund them for unused nights and you will get a 1 star review. Is it worth it? Alternative is to stay quiet for now and slate them in your review.

@Tash1066 

I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 . You can always confront the guest during the stay, but you'll amost always guarantee a bad review.

Alternatively, first, be sure you have a fine included in your House Rules if they disregard and allow their dog in the pool. Quietly collect your evidence they did not follow your House Rule about no dogs in the pool (video, clogged filters?). Don't let on you are aware of what they are doing. Wait unitl they have checked out and left a review. Then I would write your factual review and send in a resolution request to collect a fee/fine for breaking your House Rule. This way there is nothing they can do...they have already written their review. The only thing they might do is ask Airbnb to remove their 5-star review entirely; they won't be able to write another review. The can always refute the resolution request for the fine, but then Airbnb will have to cover it.

Maggie633
Level 4
Laguna Beach, CA

Hi! 
I believe you can request guest to vacant when any rules are broken. Just make sure they are stipulated in the listing.  

How do you know dogs are in the pool ?  Cameras ? Some may argue that cameras over the pool are an invasion of privacy.  So I’d tread lightly. 
I pick my battles carefully. 

Maggie 😊

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tash1066there are many great suggestions from our hosts here 😊

Please keep us updated on what you have decided to do regarding this guest in the end.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad