Deactivating a listing

Priscilla276
Level 1
Mottram in Longdendale, United Kingdom

Deactivating a listing

I want to deactivate a listing . The instructions are for me to go on listings, then listing basics. I can not find listing basics.

5 Replies 5
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Priscilla276 Listing basics is the same as 'listing details'. When on that page, scroll down until you see 'listing status' then click in to see your selections. If you're on the app, then you need to go to 'booking settings' to see listing status.

Robin1078
Level 1
Boca Raton, FL

Can anyone tell me what the impact is of deactivating a listing with pending reservations?

We hit a snag with the City that resulted in a citation. We are new to short term vacation rentals and not currently renting  -meaning we blocked the days to provide ample time to have everything in place.  However, we got cited because we had the advertisement up - regardless of "actual occupancy start date".  As a result of the backlog with the City, our inspection will not be until after the "correction" period of 15 days.  Our two options are 1) Pay $200 a day until we pass inspection OR deactivate our listing.   Our inspection is scheduled prior to any reservation dates.

I am concerned about the impact on the booked reservations. Anyone know what the impact would be?

@Robin1078 if you snooze your listing it should become invisible but not affect your existing bookings.

Robin1078
Level 1
Boca Raton, FL

Thanks Mike and JaneO!  The Enforcement Officer said that "snoozing" it would not comply.  The inspection is literally 1 day after the compliance period.  I am just struggling with the fact that I applied and received approval for everything to move to the "inspection" almost 30 days ago. This was AFTER the same type of wait periods for the state and the county.  However, in the eyes of the City, I am out of compliance until I receive the actual inspection and certificate of compliance. 

The delays prevented us from taking advantage of the bulk of Spring Break travel.  Oy Vey! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robin1078

"The Enforcement Officer said that "snoozing" it would not comply"

"However, we got cited because we had the advertisement up"

When you snooze your listing, the ad isn't "up". It is invisible and unable to be booked. The bureaurocrat is contradicting  himself.