Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Do you keep the outside of your AIRBNB property groomed with nice landscaping?

Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

Do you keep the outside of your AIRBNB property groomed with nice landscaping?

Do you keep the outside of your AIRBNB property groomed with nice landscaping?  How important has it been to your business that the outside of your property is inviting to your guests?  Thank you for your replys and likes!  Smiles!  Eileen

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Eileen462 we have been renovating our house throughout our time as hosts on Airbnb. People don't seem to mind the piles of rubble and building materials as long as they understand why they are there.

@Mike-And-Jane0   Hello Mike and Jane thank you for replying!  I am trying my best to make my property appealing to my guests and Im a work in progress still!  Smiles,  Eileen

Our place has been a work in progress for 7 years. We have three units and our place . First step was to fix up a unit for our Airbnb. Then it was the next unit for a year then fixed the backyard and installed turf with a putting green. Guests use the backyard sometimes. Then redid the last unit also another year. It took more time because of the noise. We have a small lot with little garden so I made planters to grow peas , beans , tomatoes, zucchini etc. Also have a lot of flowers and hanging baskets out front. Our front of the building needs a face lift now. It’s never ending!!! Good luck. HAPPY HOSTING 

Ross869
Level 5
Navarre, FL

Hello @Eileen462 ! In my opinion it is somewhat important but not a make or break. As long as the inside photos are nicely done, it should be ok. However, if the outside looks good then it will be that much more inviting and eye catching. Maybe a few plants and some paint would go a long way to make it “pop”.  Hope this helps! 

@Ross869  Hi Ross I am in the middle of painting the inside of the house and I am so exhausted.  I see what an uplift it gave the inside so  I am headed outside with it too!  lol  thanks for replying!  Eileen

Kristy224
Level 2
Sparks, NV

Hi @Eileen462 ! As a host, I take great pride in the way the outside of my home, both front and back look, just the same as the inside. I believe the home as a whole, looks more inviting than when I lived there. I oftentimes say, why didn’t I do this sooner?! With each guest stay, it gives the opportunity to continue to make upgrades, and keep the property in tip top shape! 

@Kristy224  Hi Kristy!  Your home is beautiful!  I would love to see pictures of your landscape!~ smiles,  Eileen

Hi Eileen. Thank you for the compliments on my home. I have recently added some photos of the front of the home. I find keeping things clean cut, trimmed bushes, simple and green is what makes me smile. I have many ideas and purchases still in boxes to dress up the backyard space to make it a lovely area to relax for my guests. Future goals. Your home looks very welcoming and I love all the snacks you provide. Do you manage your property or have someone you delegate that to? 

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Eileen462 

Our gardens are recovering from storm damage, but we are required to keep fire safe landscape standards, including firebreak, mowing meadows,  and limbing up trees. It is a year round full time job. In addition, our gardens have been on charity garden tours; house and gardens for concerts and fundraisers, so we keep them up. Besides all that, my garden is a passion!

@Kitty-and-Creek0  Hello Kitty wow your property is amazing!  I will have to come stay someday just to get away from it all!  What a view your have!  Do you host or rent your place as vacation property?  Thank you for replying,  Eileen

@Eileen462 

Hi Eileen

We'd love for you to come and stay for a bit of R&R. This is our home, we live here full time, all 4 seasons. As you can see, our guests get a private wing of the house, and can interact or not, with us. It is a refuge for all of us! 

Kitty