Dogging at my property

Ashton37
Level 2
Salisbury, United Kingdom

Dogging at my property

I had a couple who booked with me. Paid £100 for the night and an additional £45 for early check in. They checked in without unpacking their cars, closed the blinds, stayed for an hour then left. When i went to clean the property, only the bed was used and there was a condom in the bin. I have no issue with people having sex in my property because they usually stay to see the area and they stay for the night. These people only used my place for sex and were only there for 1 hour sort of like a "dogging spot" or a "knocking shop". what are your thoughts on this? How can i prevent this in the future?

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ashton37 the only sensible way to stop this is to have a 2 or 3 night min stay. I am wondering though, if you take a step back, what difference it really makes if they stayed the night or not......

Yes you’re right! Staying for just the day is absolutely fine. I just don’t want word to get out that my place is the place to go for dogging and give my business a bad reputation

That's  the reason  why  I  don't  accept reservations less than 4 nights.

Ashton37
Level 2

thank for the info!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ashton37 I'm no expert but I thought dogging was an outdoor activity where people are encouraged (required?) to watch. What you have experienced is either prostitution or an assignment between adulterous folks or just two lovers getting together for a quickie!

yes i was not sure what to call it. I am just concerned that word will get around that my place is the place to go. I wont give it too much thought but didnt know if i should be concerned or not

@Ashton37 

Just a bit of weird humor, years ago one of the Hawaii rentals I managed was set up as a cheap room rental near Honolulu.  Hawaii doesn't have motels so along with tourists we did a lot of local business, doctor appointments or similar quick 1 day rentals.

I have mentioned that once I had a Guest that had a heart attack and died in the shared kitchen.  I was showing two locals to their room when I found him and they were great help trying CPR and stuff.

The police had to be called.  The reason my guest were so helpful, it turns out the police knew them well  It was a district prosecutor and his secretory not his wife.

Don;t worry though that was a cheap rental in Honolulu for over 13 years and I didn't notice it happening regularly.

People are going to have sex there regardless. Just make sure you clean properly. They aren't doing anything illegal and paid to use your rental space. Not sure what the issue is. It's not like there is a message board for ppl who want quickies and suddenly you'll have an influx of this kind of renter. I wouldn't give it too much thought unless it's proven to be an ongoing issue. 

Ashton37
Level 2

Thanks for your help!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

How do you vet yoyr guests on booking @Ashton37 that and having a minimum two night stay will reduce your risk 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Ashton37  Sounds like the perfect reservation to me: No trouble, no mess, very little clean-up, and presumably the guests had a good time.