Early Check In

Answered!
Rick17
Level 2
Spartanburg, SC

Early Check In

I have a new guest who asked to check in early.  It's not usually a problem so I said of course.  Now he's written back ,  instead of the usual 3pm check in, he wants to arrive 14 hours early.  That would be 1am.  I've had guests need to check in mornings, this seems a little extreme.  I think  I  should charge an extra half day or request he book the night before.  Is he being cheap?  I provide a very hospitable experience, but I don't want to be taken advantage of.  Thoughts ideas, questions?  Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rick17 That's a late check in with an extra night booked! The simple guide (for me) is if I have to clean quickly its a free early check in. If I have to block a night to allow it then its a late check in and an extra night needs to be booked!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Laura1354
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

If I were you I would charge for another day or half a day. That is extreme. Are there people checking out before him?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rick17 That's a late check in with an extra night booked! The simple guide (for me) is if I have to clean quickly its a free early check in. If I have to block a night to allow it then its a late check in and an extra night needs to be booked!