Heating control UK

Fiona883
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

Heating control UK

Hi,

I’ve been hosting since September. Until this weekend, my guests have used the central heating respectfully. 

I understand that it’s cold and the heating needs to be on but they used over £35 in gas from Friday night to Sunday morning! Am I right to think that’s incredibly high for a two night stay? When I returned, hours after check out, the heating was off but the house was still boiling.

I’d appreciate some advice for whether you think this expense is reasonable or possible ways I might control this. I have a wireless heating system with controls right in the hallway - they’re totally accessible.

Thanks 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Fiona883 This doesn't sound overly expensive but I don't know how big or well insulated your place is. You can buy covers for heating thermostats/controls if you want to take control of the heating yourself.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to cost your utilities into your daily rate @Fiona883 .

I use hive to manage heating which guests can override. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Fiona883,

Great suggestions from our experienced Hosts, Mike and Helen. Let us know once you've had the chance to read them.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad