Help with listing

Karla740
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Help with listing

Hello community! I am new to Airbnb, have been hosting for about 3 months. I want to know how I would let customers know we don’t offer parking and in winter street parking is only until 2am. Also want feedback on listing 

4 Replies 4
Maggie633
Level 2
Laguna Beach, CA

Hi @Karla740 !

I would suggest you be very specific with the parking situation,  because honestly I’m confused ?  
If you don’t offer parking what options would your guests have ?  
Maggie 😊

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Karla740 

The risk you want to address is that guests could show up with a car and leave a bad review because they couldn't park, or park in a way that infuriates neighbours and gets your place flagged.

What I would suggest:

- Mention in listing description, with clear explanation of suggested transport

- Add prominently under additional rules

- As soon as you receive an enquiry or booking, make it part of your standard response to highlight the fact.

I predict guests' next question will be "can we arrive early to drop our luggage"? This is frequently an issue when guests don't travel by car. Hopefully your neighbourhood has luggage drops that you can research (or perhaps you don't do same-day changeovers). Be sure to think this through so long and be ready with an answer.

A large number of city properties don't have parking, it's no issue. All that you need to do is make very sure guests know before they arrive. When the property and the guest are well-matched, everyone is happy!

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Karla740 

Another suggestion also is maybe a paid parking option?  You don't have to do it for the guest but property doesn't offer parking in  the area are these 2 or 3 options you can review for your needs,

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

HI @Karla740 , you've received wonderful advice from Hosts @Marie8425 @Shelley159 and @Maggie633 ! As Marie mentioned, are there any paid parking options available near your listing? Or have you decided with going with Shelley and Maggie's option of clearly describing the parking situation. 

We'd love to hear how you're thinking of dealing with this concern! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines