Hi there, help me in enhancing the room

Dhruv51
Level 2
Jhunjhunu, India

Hi there, help me in enhancing the room

Please have a look on my listed property… and let me know how can I enhance my room to make it look much better…

https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/1150026224228136125?

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 11.14.17.png

12 Replies 12
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Dhruv51 👋

I hope you don't mind, I added a photo to your listing to your post. I'm hoping that with easier access, more hosts will pop by and support you with constructive and helpful feedback. 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thankyou Rebecca

Really appreciate your gesture… and yes this will help people easier access. 😇

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dhruv51 Hopefully some wonderful Hosts will be along soon to offer their support. 😊

-----

Hello,

I'm an Interior Designer in America. Your space is cozy however the intended use is confusing to me. Is it for one guest or more? The sleeping cot could use some decor like larger pillows. A smaller table and two dining chairs maybe. Definitely some sort of tall plant in a nice pot, bring art down to eye level and use a larger piece. I don't know if that is a whiteboard on the wall but it seems out of place. I hope this helps. 

Hello @Monique1173 

The room dimensions are 15ft x 12ft. Based on this, I initially set up a single bed for solo guests visiting the BNB. Additionally, there's a foldable cot available on the premises for when two guests book the room, providing them with a secondary bed.

Regarding the plants you mentioned, I will be bringing some to enhance the space.

I've also included a large table to ensure ample workspace for anyone needing to work during their stay.

As for the whiteboard on the wall, if you suggest removing it, I can do so without any issue.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to discuss or adjust.

Lan-And-Tim0
Level 1
Mount Dora, FL

Hi Dhruv!

Your space looks cozy! The house title mentioned a kitchen but I’m not seeing it in any pictures…  if you haven’t already done so, I’d post a picture or two regarding that. Also, I am a big fan of plants and even just one live plants will really warm up the space even further. Best of luck! 

Lan 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Lan-And-Tim0 👋

Thank you so much for popping by and sharing your feedback! I'm also a big fan of plants! How do you manage the upkeep of them in your listing? 🌿

I'm tagging @Dhruv51 here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Hi 👋🏼 @Rebecca! I find that with plants, the less you do, the more they thrive 🙃 I have a lot of plants in just water, the key is filtered water. For the plants in pots, I wait until they are completely dried out before watering. Over watering has caused many of my plants to die 😞 hope that helps! 

Elena4354
Level 5
Porto, Portugal

Hello, @Dhruv51 , first of all I would like to ask you one important question: are you renting out just one room or the whole house?
Your listing title says it is a room, but the property type is the entire guest house.
If you are renting out just one room, the property type should be "Private Room".
Then in the description you should clearly describe the room and the whole house (how many rooms, who lives in the house, what areas of the house will be shared with other people). It is also very important to provide photos of all the areas (including the kitchen, the exterior of the building and the surrounding area).

Kind regards. 
Elena. 

Hello @Elena4354 

Let me provide you with a clearer layout of my property. The property consists of a building with three floors: a basement, ground floor (where my family resides), and the first floor.

On the first floor, half of the area includes one room, one bathroom, and a small kitchen. The other half of this floor is open to the sky.

Regarding the kitchen photos, they weren't available earlier as the kitchen was undergoing some renovations. I'll upload them as soon as the work is complete.

I appreciate your suggestion about outdoor photos of the property. I'll take some in a few days when the weather improves—it's currently raining, which makes it difficult to capture good pictures. 😅

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else you'd like to know.

@Dhruv51, thank you very much for the explanation,

in this case, as I mentioned above, it is important to correct the listing type in your listing (it should be a Room instead of the Entire guest house). This is very important because the search engine will show your property to potential guests who are looking for the entire house for themselves, and will not show it to those who are looking for a room to stay in. This can bring you a lot of confusion, misunderstandings and possible negative reviews.

You can change the listing type following instructions:

-Open Listings, click on your Listing and open Listing Editor

- Choose Property type

-Which is most like your place? Choose - House

- Property Type - Home

- Listing Type - Room

- Click Save

In the property description you can write that this is your family house where your family lives and you provide guests with a room on the first floor with the kitchen and the bathroom, which is really great. And with amazing terrace of course . 

This is what makes your place special 😊

Regarding the design and decoration of the room, I agree with @Monique1173. It would also be a good idea to refresh the paint on the walls in the room and in the bathroom. And be sure to take pictures of the renovated kitchen 🙂

All the best. 

Elena. 

Kristi2448
Level 1
Yorktown, VA

Hi!  I am an Interior designer as well as host in the US.  Along with what others have offered - making sure that it is categorized as a room versus a whole guest house I believe you are asking for design advice.  In a space this size you can offer a two person bed, full or queen size.  Make sure to add four bed pillows and a plush white comforter.  Add in an 8x10 rug with a large scale pattern - magenta or blue will complement the orange walls nicely.  Larger scale art that is hung at 58" on center off the floor will put it at average eye level.  Art should be 24x30 or larger.  I do not see a kitchen, but adding in a mini fridge and a microwave on a shelf would be nice.  remove the long table and add in a round 30" diameter table with two dining chairs.