Hosting First Guest - what should I provide?

Answered!
Lynette96
Level 2
Pembroke Pines, FL

Hosting First Guest - what should I provide?

What are we required to provide in the kitchen as far as spices, ziplocks, foil paper etc.?

I want my guest to feel at home and would love a list of things to have at our Airbnb.

*Title edited

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Lynette96 It sounds like you are on the right track and prepared to take hosting seriously and that one step further to create the home away from home experience. I always like to see , foil , glad wrap, maybe paper bags and plenty of tea towels in a drawer . they cost little and can make the guests experince just a little better . It is always these little things that make your Airbnb memorable and help guests have a more comfortable and flexible stay . All the best , trust your instincts and good Luck... H

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Lynette96 It sounds like you are on the right track and prepared to take hosting seriously and that one step further to create the home away from home experience. I always like to see , foil , glad wrap, maybe paper bags and plenty of tea towels in a drawer . they cost little and can make the guests experince just a little better . It is always these little things that make your Airbnb memorable and help guests have a more comfortable and flexible stay . All the best , trust your instincts and good Luck... H

Thank you @Helen744 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You aren't required to provide anything about from shampoo, soap, toilet rolls, oils and condiments @Lynette96 

Personally I care about the environment so would want to minimise not promote use of items such as paper towels, paper bags etc

I provide a selection of teas, coffees, hot chocolate, milk, sugar, oils, vinegars, herbs and spices and foil. 

Thank you @Helen3 

When hosting your first guest, it's crucial to create a welcoming and comfortable environment. Here's check out: **

a checklist of essentials to ensure your guest has a pleasant stay:

1. Clean and Tidy Space:

• Ensure the guest room and common areas are clean and well-organized.
    • Provide fresh bed linens and towels.
  2. Basic Amenities:

• Stock the bathroom with toiletries such as soap, shampoo, and toothpaste.
    • Have a spare set of essentials like toothbrushes and razors, just in case.
  3. Wi-Fi Information:

• Share the Wi-Fi network name and password to keep your guest connected.
  4. Tour of the House:

• Familiarize your guest with key areas like the kitchen, bathroom, and living room.
  5. House Rules:

• Clearly communicate any house rules, such as quiet hours or specific areas that are off-limits.
  6. Emergency Information:

• Provide emergency contact numbers and the nearest hospital or urgent care information.
  7. Snacks and Refreshments:

• Stock the kitchen with some snacks and beverages your guest might enjoy.
  8. Local Information:

• Offer brochures or recommendations for local attractions, restaurants, and activities.
  9. Chargers and Adapters:

• Have charging cables and adapters available for different devices.
  10. Extra Blankets and Pillows:

• Ensure the bed is comfortably equipped, and provide additional bedding options.
  11. Privacy Considerations:

• Respect your guest's privacy and provide them with space to unwind.
  12. Keys or Access Instructions:

• Clearly communicate how your guest can enter and exit the house, whether through keys, codes, or specific instructions.
  13. Weather Information:

• If relevant, inform your guest about the current weather conditions and provide any necessary items like umbrellas.
  14. Transportation Details:

• Share information about public transportation or parking options if your guest is unfamiliar with the area.
  15. Contact Information:

• Provide your contact information in case your guest has questions or concerns.

By attending to these details, you'll not only ensure your guest's comfort but also create a positive and memorable experience for them during their stay.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]